FFXII & Xenosaga
I've just installed the latest beta version (1888) of pcsx2 and just thought I's test it out with FFXII and Xenosaga III and there were 2 problems I encountered - In FFXII the game always gets into "slow-mode" whenever there's alot of stuff happening (I realize this is because of a heavy load-out
on the GPU or CPU so I am merely wondering if there's something that can be done in the setup menu to fix this, I tried to switch the settings in the graphic and music settings but not much happened).

- In Xenosaga III there seems to be graphical errors with the shadows in-game and there's just cubes allaround that goes from blacker to whiter.
Is this just how it is or is it fixable?

My rig is :

AMD Athlon 64 XP Dual Core 6000+ - 3.0GHz
2x Geforce 260 on SLI
4GB ram
Creative X-Fi Titanium
Windows 7 Ultra 64-bit

Please bear with me since it's my first post here Smile

Sponsored links

For FFXII, it's probably your CPU that's slowing you down. It is based on an old architecture, and is quite a bit slower clock for clock than Core 2 Duo and Phenom IIs clock for clock.

You could try speed hacks, or overclock your CPU.

And there's no 'Windows 7 Ultra' version... only Professional or Ultimate Smile
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-31-2009, 09:36 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: For FFXII, it's probably your CPU that's slowing you down. It is based on an old architecture, and is quite a bit slower clock for clock than Core 2 Duo and Phenom IIs clock for clock.

You could try speed hacks, or overclock your CPU.

And there's no 'Windows 7 Ultra' version... only Professional or Ultimate Smile

mmm i dont think so, a lot of ppl with amd 5000, can play ffxii fine, with a few slow downs, maybe something with the plugins confi... use the search function for post with info about ffxii about xenosaga i read that, thats games are hard to emulate.

o/
Maybe try disabling SLI and see if that helps. You won't lose any performance since PCSX2 doesn't take advantage of SLI anyway.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Post some more info about your configuration (plugin), on the speedhacks configuration section, enable all three from the middle row, they help a lot in this game.
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
ecchiless: I can play FFXII on my older 5200 @ 2.8ghz... but with 2 caveats... One is that I use a lot of speed hacks, and two, when playing the game I tilt the camera so that it faces down. This means less things on the screen, and thus fewer slowdowns. I don't have to worry about either when playing with my current system.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I agree, my either 2.5 Quad core have to conduct plenty of speed hack tweak and set Gdsx plugin in-res to lower. In game also need to tilt the camera face down (as KOJI stated) to achieve full speed.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
thanks for all the response people.

So basically I should change my CPU to something better and play around with the speedhacks config (which I haven't yet).

To tilt the camera down to increase performance seems like a no-go for me since it's really something of a game breaker (I mean sure its a PS2 title but it's still a beautiful game) + it's generally annoying.