FFXII and basic suggestions
Hey there,

Im looking to find what settings would help get the most out of pcsx2 on my laptop.

My specs are:

Core 2 duo 2.2Ghz
4gb ram
1gb graphics
1366x768 display
Win 7 home

Without needing to adjust the settings much, and using the sse4.1 gpu plugin, I can run ffx and kh2 at max speed except for a very rare slowdown of 5-10fps in,ffx for a few seconds, which doesn't happen often, as a matter of fact, hadn't happened since the opening movie if im not mistaken.

Im looking to start on ffxii, but atm, during the first 2 fights In the game, my fps dropped from 50 (its pal) to around 40-45 at times. Its still playable, but I was just hoping I might be able to boost my speed some more.

I have my internal resolution at 1366x768, and use the x2 speedhack.

Sorry its not overly detailed, but im on my phone atm, so if I get the chance too, ill add more when im in my laptop.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming

Sponsored links

Well, I had tried to run my copy of the game on the emulator - I have a 2.33Ghz quad core, with an old architecture. I was running at a quite faulty 55-60 FPS with all of the speedhacks. While I don't know your graphics card, I would be willing to wager that your CPU (EE%) is your bottleneck. There is not much you could do to speedup emulation but try enabling more or increasing your speedhacks. Be aware though that full VU Cycle Stealing will cause slowdowns and a false FPS.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(08-02-2011, 05:48 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: I have my internal resolution at 1366x768, and use the x2 speedhack.

Without knowing what that GPU actually is, there is a chance that your internal res is a bit too much. A lot of 1gb GPU are actually pretty weak...

"the x2 speedhack"? Could you elaborate, or just post a screen-shot?
(08-02-2011, 08:58 PM)Rezard Wrote: Without knowing what that GPU actually is, there is a chance that your internal res is a bit too much. A lot of 1gb GPU are actually pretty weak...

"the x2 speedhack"? Could you elaborate, or just post a screen-shot?
He is using 0.9.6
upgrade to 0.9.8 here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Program
i know its messy and all, but heres a compilation image of all my current settings. (have to link its since its too large for an attachment)

PCSX2 Settings

hopefully this is enough for you to work with?
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
try setting you GS resolution to Native (you have it set to 2x native). The quality won't be as good but you should see some speed up (I think)
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-con...ow-end-PCs

your CPU is the limiting factor here, try settings I have posted