FFXII big speed boost BUT.....
So i know it has been brought up before but i thought i might as well report it and possibly beg for a workaround.Blush

My main pcsx2 version is the pg release but i also try my games with the new svns.
I noticed that with my sig pc FFxii plays well with around 70%-100%.
The problem comes when the in game cut scenes start....the game runs with a major speed loss.Around 45%-60%.
While i was playing with the settings i noticed that when i ticked denormals are zero to the VU recs options in the advanced options the game gains a great speed boost even in the cutscenes where i get around 70%-90%.(in game now at 85-100%)
But this option has a big drawback.....the letters of the command list the character screens and the dialogs are invisible.

Is there a possibility that you can make a workaround or a special gamefix that can keep the great speed boost and also the letters visible.
That would be great .....thank you for your time!Smile
Laptop
c2d centrino 2 [email protected]
3gb Ram
Nvidia 9600M GT
Windows Vista Home

Desktop
AMD X2 4800+ @3.1Ghz (o/c)
Ram 3.5gb DDR2 667 @750mhz (o/c)
Nvidia 8800GT
Windows XP Sp3 Professional

Sponsored links

Nope, that would require lots of try and error work. All just to fix a hack Tongue2
(01-18-2009, 12:23 AM)rama Wrote: Nope, that would require lots of try and error work. All just to fix a hack Tongue2

Never thought of that way!!
I guess you are right.
Thanks for the reply man rama and keep up the good work.....Smile
Laptop
c2d centrino 2 [email protected]
3gb Ram
Nvidia 9600M GT
Windows Vista Home

Desktop
AMD X2 4800+ @3.1Ghz (o/c)
Ram 3.5gb DDR2 667 @750mhz (o/c)
Nvidia 8800GT
Windows XP Sp3 Professional
Maybe you should try playing with the roundmodes in Advanced (set both of them to nearest, then negative, then positive, then chop). One of the options might just fix it. But maybe not. Can't hurt trying, anyway.
Yeah the text dissapears with a certian advanced setting, cant recal it exactly but I remeber playing around with my settings and found the one to uncheck.

as for the movies are you using the Pal version? cause its a known thing that the FMVs on the pal version are buggered up.

Is that a game fix someone could make? fix the PAL FMVs? game would be perfect for me if that came along.
There are one or 2 things you can do to fix the PAL FMVs.
Use Software-Mode on GSdx or use ZeroGS. But ZeroGS is not good for this game like GSdx.