FFXII sudden slow down, used to be perfectly playable
(03-02-2012, 10:10 AM)ChikTikka Wrote: I fixed FFXII (at least for me) by opening GSdx.ini and changing the AllowHacks=0 to AllowHacks=1 and then in the video plugin putting skipdraw to a value of 1, it helped me get 10 frames faster on Xenosaga EP-1 as well+^_^+

Changing the skipdraw value will make gsdx not render some textures like lighting / shadows / textures so the games might not look right

Sponsored links

As said above, skipdraw (as the name implies) skips some draw calls. Usually 1 skips shadows, lightning effects these kind of stuff. Also please stop using that pink font, my eyes hurt -_-
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The skipdraw hack did help a bit, but it's still slowed down heavily when out in the field.

I also downloaded Visual C++ 2008 for x64 using the link from the wiki page for GSDX since all the previously installed Visual C++ 2008 in my laptop are x86. I'm not sure if it wil be of any help though.

So are you saying that Intel TurboBoost might be getting throttled and hence causing the slowdown, ChikTikka?

Or maybe it's the CPU itself that throttles the pcsx2 process when it starts to use too much resource?
(03-03-2012, 04:19 AM)Yuuzora Wrote: The skipdraw hack did help a bit, but it's still slowed down heavily when out in the field.

I also downloaded Visual C++ 2008 for x64 using the link from the wiki page for GSDX since all the previously installed Visual C++ 2008 in my laptop are x86. I'm not sure if it wil be of any help though.

So are you saying that Intel TurboBoost might be getting throttled and hence causing the slowdown, ChikTikka?

Or maybe it's the CPU itself that throttles the pcsx2 process when it starts to use too much resource?
i don't know, just a theory about the turbo boost, only sure thing is skipdraw fixed everything for svn and official builds (and i still have character shadows somehow)+^_^+, and sorry about the pink text, it's sort of my standard forum siggy when available, like my blussy +^_^+ (i'll use a darker one)
only game i have issues with now is Xenosaga EP-I
Had to use a software called ThrottleStop and use it to unthrottle the CPU while playing.
And it got the game to be working at least 80% of the speed both at the field and at cities so that's good enough I guess.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help^^ Really appreciate it