FFXII tanking in Rabanaster
Actually, whats a good way to gauge processor usage? PCSX2 doesnt appear to be using much. According to PCSX2 it is using 100% of the processors time but according to the resource monitor it gets 36% at best. Also the processor isnt getting very hot. Ive got a lighted zallman fan about eye level and when Im sitting down running PCSX2 I can sit there and watch it wobble its spinning so slow, indicating the processor isnt very hot but if I fire up GTA4 the fan looks like it wants to take off from its mount its spinning so fast. Im probably just misinterpreting though.

Sponsored links

@shallow : for your gpu crossfire, please read this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4056-page-2.html . Perhaps that program can give you more fps in games with crossfire mode.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(03-22-2009, 10:05 AM)Shallow Wrote: Actually, whats a good way to gauge processor usage? PCSX2 doesnt appear to be using much. According to PCSX2 it is using 100% of the processors time but according to the resource monitor it gets 36% at best. Also the processor isnt getting very hot. Ive got a lighted zallman fan about eye level and when Im sitting down running PCSX2 I can sit there and watch it wobble its spinning so slow, indicating the processor isnt very hot but if I fire up GTA4 the fan looks like it wants to take off from its mount its spinning so fast. Im probably just misinterpreting though.

Since you're running quad core seeing 36% in res monitor is normal since PCSX2 can utilize 2 cores at most. Also, processor gauge in PCSX2 is not actual PCSX2 but GSDX only. If it's at 100% this is something related to your video, because mine rarely goes above 50% (i may be wrong bout % though), at least in FFXII.