FFXII tanking in Rabanaster
FFXII takes a nose dive fps wise when there are multiple characters on the screen such as when I enter Rabanaster from the estersands or really whenever there is a large amount of characters on screen. It goes from 60 to ~40.

Im running a q9550, 8G memory and a 4870x2. Nothing overclocked.

Relevent settings are:
Gsdx(msvc15.00,SSE41)0.1.14
1920x1080
dx10
d3d internal res:1920x1080

eerec:enabled
VUOrec:enabled
VU1rec:enabled
MTGS:enabled

Is this just to much for my system or is there something Im missing? I sense a FSB bump in my future.

Sponsored links

i noticed recently that the latest GSdx limits my 8800 GTS when set to 1920x1080 internal resolution in FFXII.
in earlier versions i was able to go almost 4x as much internal resolution before gsdx would start limiting me.

so try using native internal resolution to see if thats the problem. if you get back your speed when using native resolution, then experiment to find the highest internal resolution that doesn't slow down your game.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
Tried native and got about 8fps back in the worst area. It looks like poo though so Ill probably go back to the 1080p internal res. Ive seen a few people reporting a solid 60 @4GHz with multicore machines so Im thinking the cores are just too slow @2.83. Thanks man.
Hmm, just did a quick bump up to 3.4 GHz from the stock 2.8 with no improvement.
Make sure power saving and all that cr*p is disabled.
Yep, all off.
Maximum and minimum processor state at 100%
I didnt know what PCIe ASPM did so I didnt mess with it.
What's the moment when it slows worst?
(03-22-2009, 08:35 AM)Cain Wrote: What's the moment when it slows worst?
I have a save at estergate in rabanaster. When I start the game from that save and move the camera towards the gate without moving the character my fps falls to 40. Theres really only a problem when theres alot of characters on screen.

Actually, is there a way to go fullscreen using DX10 without having a giant window like with DX9? I could deal with it if my attention was drawn to the fps counter everytime I heard the music slow, also it looks much nicer.
(03-22-2009, 08:50 AM)Shallow Wrote:
(03-22-2009, 08:35 AM)Cain Wrote: What's the moment when it slows worst?
I have a save at estergate in rabanaster. When I start the game from that save and move the camera towards the gate without moving the character my fps falls to 40. Theres really only a problem when theres alot of characters on screen.

Actually, is there a way to go fullscreen using DX10 without having a giant window like with DX9? I could deal with it if my attention was drawn to the fps counter everytime I heard the music slow, also it looks much nicer.

For the full screen press alt+enter.

Eastgate is pretty demanding, though under my win7 installation it almost doesn't slow down. Under WinXP and DX9 it falls to about 45fps.
Ill go the alt+enter route for now and just ignore it until I get some time to sit down and overclock this machine stably, Ive got an extra HD in this computer too with XP on it doing nothing at all so maybe Ill throw 7 on there and see if it helps. I cant believe that the 600MHz jump I did didnt help my fps at all, not one bit. Oh well, thanks man.