FFXII
I run FF12 at acceptable framerates on my laptop using the PCSX2 1190 beta. I have the same processor as the OP a 2Ghz Intel core 2 duo but I have a NVidia GeForce 7900 graphics card.

I have all speedhacks on and Vu cycle stealing at the maximum. I get a full 60 fps in some places but there is a noticeable slowdown for widescreen shots and the framerate drops to as low as 20 or 30 fps in certain cutscenes.

Still I would consider it very playable.

Sponsored links

I am having the same problem as he, but I run Windows 7 on a desktop computer with these specs:
[Image: gamingrigt.jpg]

I clocked my CPU to about 2.4 MHz, but I don't have any clocking knowledge to do any more. Now I run on about 30fps which is fine on some parts (and playable), but it wouldn't hurt to have more.

Also, I'm experiencing a slight lag with controls (between quoter and half of a second). Is this an issue or does this happen to somebody else?

Plugins:
Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 - dx10 hardware and native resolution
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0 - interpolation is set on nearest and effect processing is disabled
Controller: Lilypad 0.9.9 - (I use PS2 controller connected via hub of some sort that connect to a PC over USB2.0, any Windows can recognise it and work without any additional drivers)
Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0 (don't need to mention that I use my of game disk, and not ISO)

So do I use the right plugins for my specs and can the game run better?
(06-16-2009, 04:38 PM)Don Joca Wrote: I am having the same problem as he, but I run Windows 7 on a desktop computer with these specs:

I clocked my CPU to about 2.4 MHz, but I don't have any clocking knowledge to do any more. Now I run on about 30fps which is fine on some parts (and playable), but it wouldn't hurt to have more.

Also, I'm experiencing a slight lag with controls (between quoter and half of a second). Is this an issue or does this happen to somebody else?

Plugins:
Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 - dx10 hardware and native resolution
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0 - interpolation is set on nearest and effect processing is disabled
Controller: Lilypad 0.9.9 - (I use PS2 controller connected via hub of some sort that connect to a PC over USB2.0, any Windows can recognise it and work without any additional drivers)
Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0 (don't need to mention that I use my of game disk, and not ISO)

for the best speed running the games from hdd as an iso file is always recommended. second update your pcsx2 and its plugins to the latest betas from this forum. your gpu is from ati and ff12 is one of the games known to feature the infamous "ati texture bottleneck" slowdown, so especially a newer revision of gsdx could help a lot. the laggy controls might come from the use of speed hacks.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(06-16-2009, 05:01 PM)zero29 Wrote:
(06-16-2009, 04:38 PM)Don Joca Wrote: I am having the same problem as he, but I run Windows 7 on a desktop computer with these specs:

Plugins:

for the best speed running the games from hdd as an iso file is always recommended. second update your pcsx2 and its plugins to the latest betas from this forum. your gpu is from ati and ff12 is one of the games known to feature the infamous "ati texture bottleneck" slowdown, so especially a newer revision of gsdx could help a lot. the laggy controls might come from the use of speed hacks.

I could try without hacks because even this slight overclocking showed some effect, but I believe this "texture bottleneck" could be the problem as well. I downloaded the PCSX2 just a few days ago. Are the newest drivers in there?
(06-16-2009, 06:03 PM)Don Joca Wrote: I could try without hacks because even this slight overclocking showed some effect, but I believe this "texture bottleneck" could be the problem as well. I downloaded the PCSX2 just a few days ago. Are the newest drivers in there?

you can get the latest pcsx2/plugins from here:

pcsx2+standard plugins: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
gsdx: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Your CPU is Core...may be suppose SSSE3 or SSE4...try to use the GSDX with SSSE3 or SSE4..
My U is AMD 4400+(2.3G).I already played FFXII...very wonderful...
Have fun...
I was able to play FFXII at about 40fps on core 2 duo @ 1.8ghz with 2GB 667 and an ati x1950pro 512 using pcsx2 0.9.6 with speed hacks on. gsdx9 ssse3, pixel shader 3.

now on 3.16ghz core 2 and 4 GB 667 and 9500gt I get full speed with all speed hacks OFF. internal res at 1680 x ?? (cant remember) and all is well, so recommed investing in a solid cpu. core 2 @ 3GHZ will do the trick nicely. Smile DX10 also helps a STACK!