FFXIII 16:9 custom resolution.
Photo 
Should I use a 4:3 custom resolution or 16:9 when using then widescreen option ingame? I know the game is in 4:3 aspect ratio even if you use the widescreen, it just stretches the screen to fit the distorted 4:3 widescreen to 16:9.

Sponsored links

I think you should run in 16:9.

Somebody told once that using the in-game widescreen is inferior to the provided widescreen hack though.
So you should consider switching to 16:9 and enable widescreen hacks instead. (I never saw comparisons so I don't know if that is true...)
I honestly don't see any difference... but maybe I have to save my game in 4:3 format first, so that the WS patch actually overrides it.

Native 16:9 - WS Patch On
[Image: WSHackOn.png]

Native 16:9 - WS Patch Off
[Image: WSHackOff.png]

(I moved positions a bit in the second screen, since I reloaded my game, but it looks exactly the same regardless).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
What do we see here? What are the relevant settings for both? What is on/off?
Either you moved the camera, or the difference is quite obvious - zoomed in -.
Camera was moved at the time of the screenshots because I had to reload the game, but I moved back to the area as close as possible.

And if I turn the WS hack on or off without moving -nothing- changes. So again, you might have to completely reload the game for it to be affected, or it simply doesn't change anything. I'll test it again later tonight at a proper Save Point in 4:3 mode (With WS hack enabled), and in-game 16:9 (without hack applied).

I already tested 16:9 native with WS hack, and without WS hack, and there's no change there. So all that remains now is to test what happens if you run the game with 4:3 in the options instead of native 16:9 with the WS patch on.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
3 more comparison screenshots. This time taken at a loading point.
It seems with the WS Patch, more of the area is visible in comparison to just native WS.

Widescreen Patch On - Native WS Option In-game
[Image: WSHackOn-NativeWS.png]

Widescreen Patch Off - Native WS Option In-game
[Image: WSHackOff-NativeWS.png]

Widescreen Patch On - 4:3 Option In-game (This one doesn't seem to actually do anything aside from stretching the game)
[Image: WSHackOn-43%20Option.png]
The game has skewed widescreen (the in-game widescreen zooms in too far), so the widescreen patch corrects it by zooming out so it has the same level as 4:3 aspect ratio.

Use "Widescreen Patch On - Native WS Option In-game".

There is a list of these games (with patches) in the archive.

Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
AirBlade
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Bionicle Heroes
Black
Bully
Echo Night: Beyond
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XII International - Zodiac Job System
God of War
God of War II
Grand Theft Auto series
Half-Life
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Jak II
Jak 3
Manhunt
NBA Street Vol. 2
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Rogue Trooper
Sega Rally 2006
Shadow Tower Abyss
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Silent Hill: Origins
Soulcalibur III
Tekken 5
Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior
Wipeout Fusion
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
I've checked the PAL patch for FFXII and it doesn't work for me. I've found different values that do work though.
Before:
[attachment=58031]
After:
[attachment=58032]
^ Does PCSX2 even load the patch in the console?

There are various versions of the game (Italy, France, Germany, Spain, etc).
Which version are you using?

Sometimes, all it takes is a simple CRC change. Sometimes, it needs a port.