[FIXED]Revisions 488 and above crashing on emulation startup.
Well, i just tested re4rainbow's latest PP (515), still the same issue.
Rig: [email protected]/2gb DDR2-5300/MSI HD4670 512M/Intel P5K Pro/XP Pro SP3 & Win7 RC1

Sponsored links

... did you try using a vtlb version? Since you can compile, compile it and try it out.
Also, have you tried redownloading the entire playground package and putting there your builds, in a new folder?

Trying to make absolutely sure it's not something silly before jake takes a look at it. I find it all very weird though.
As i said before:
Quote:from revisions 488 included up to current (514 as i'm writing here), on any Release target exes (vm and vtlb).
As for redownloading, well i've been doing that ever since this issue has shown up. Several times.
Rig: [email protected]/2gb DDR2-5300/MSI HD4670 512M/Intel P5K Pro/XP Pro SP3 & Win7 RC1
Then, as weird as it seems, must be something that only happens on your configuration. Guess jake will have to take a look at it...
Finally fixed the issue!

Apparently, it was caused by some old (non PP) versions of my CD plugins. It seems non-PP Linuz ISO as well as CDVDnull aren't compatible with PP any more, and since they were the one i always used, no wonder it crashed.

edit:
Which leads me to a little request: please make a PP-friendly version of cdvdnull, i can't access the bios and manage my card saves otherwise.
old plugins should still work, they don't have to be pp-specific... yet Tongue2
Ah, effectively, I just replaced my old cdvdnull with one compiled from official svn, now it works.
Indeed, the old plugins shouldn't break.
I'll look into the matter.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team