FMV bug in GSDX PG -> FF-x
Hi, playing FF-X in PG using the GSDX plugin , when playing back FMV there's a steady flipping between the video frame and the previous 3d-scene, thus
rendering the FMV unwatchable.
Right now i have to resort to switching to ZeroGS for FMV playback which is a pain in the ass.

Given that in the Dx10 version there's hardly anything left to configure, i guess i'm stuck with this.

To think people played this game like 2 years ago using PCSX2 ... LOL!
I mean, it's still often a pain in the ass, but back then the code was not CLOSE to where it's now + shabby hardware available.
Don't get me the wrong - i just imagine the jostling people had to put up with ... but apparantly they still enjoyed it to some degree.

Which brings me to the question: how come there are so many ppl so eager to use PCSX2 instead of a real PS2. True, you can have better gfx, but come on, even with the current release i am not sure i rather should be sitting in front of my PS2. Well, one thing that' s a plus is you can just zip in / out of a PS2 session without leaving the beloved PC.

Obviously, this post is not meant in any way to belittle the efforts of the pcsx2 team. But if you think that's the intention of my post we ain't on the same LVL LaughBiggrin

Sponsored links

(12-23-2008, 03:54 AM)schraube Wrote: Hi, playing FF-X in PG using the GSDX plugin , when playing back FMV there's a steady flipping between the video frame and the previous 3d-scene, thus rendering the FMV unwatchable.
Right now i have to resort to switching to ZeroGS for FMV playback which is a pain in the ass.

I'm pretty sure this is the known bug in Gsdx that happened to get fixed just days after the PP public release. It's unfortunate that it did not make it into the package. Sad However, it's easy to download and install the latest Gsdx:

http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-quest...-gsdx.html

Quote:Which brings me to the question: how come there are so many ppl so eager to use PCSX2 instead of a real PS2. True, you can have better gfx, but come on, even with the current release i am not sure i rather should be sitting in front of my PS2. Well, one thing that' s a plus is you can just zip in / out of a PS2 session without leaving the beloved PC.

Hey! Maybe someday using Pcsx2 will be better than the Ps2! Like how Snes games are often more fun on a Snes emu with hq3x filters, tab-accel, and savestates to make life prettier and easier. Or how PS1 games actually look a lot better on a PC than they do on a grainy texture-filter-filter-impaired PS1. Stuff like that.

But yea, currently Pcsx2 makes playing games a bit of a challenge. But if no one works on it, it'll never get fixed.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Which GSdx plugin do you use?

I use 0.1.12 852m SSE41 and had no problems at all with the FMVs and I played the game just recently. The FMS looks so great I wished the whole game would look like that Smile

(12-23-2008, 03:54 AM)schraube Wrote: Which brings me to the question: how come there are so many ppl so eager to use PCSX2 instead of a real PS2. True, you can have better gfx, but come on, even with the current release i am not sure i rather should be sitting in front of my PS2. Well, one thing that' s a plus is you can just zip in / out of a PS2 session without leaving the beloved PC.

Obviously, this post is not meant in any way to belittle the efforts of the pcsx2 team. But if you think that's the intention of my post we ain't on the same LVL LaughBiggrin

For me it's very simple:

NTSC Games --> PCSX2
PAL Games --> PAL PS3 60GB

I still have my PAL and NTSC PS2 though the PAL one is broken. I could use the NTSC PS2 to play my RPGs but playing them on my 24" TFT is really a pain in the ass. It is not just the poor graphics but also a lot of flickering/flimmering because the PS2 doesn't use AF and AA and is connected with an analog signal (S-Video or Component). AA is nice but I can live without it but AF is a must for higher resolutions. And with PCSX2 and GSdx I can finally enjoy good old PS2 RPG Games. This is another reason as many RPGs are NTSC only Sad.
For PAL I have no problem as my PS3 can easily emulate all of them (it doesn't work with NTSC) and increases also graphics quality. Although the PS3 can't reach the quality of PCSX2 it has a better compability (of course since Sony guys programmed the software emulation).
Quote:I'm pretty sure this is the known bug in Gsdx that happened to get fixed just days after the PP public release. It's unfortunate that it did not make it into the package. Sad However, it's easy to download and install the latest Gsdx:

Sorry, but i can't find anywhere this version which is supposed to be released after the "official PG release".
Where can i d/l it? Currently I use 872m , the version delivered with 1.0.0395 official playground.
Btw, is there a newer (unofficial) pg release yet?

Given that people were able to play FF-X in 0.92, we should be able to play this game, right? (i sound like wakka :/ )
Gsdx 1.12, with FMV fix can be downloaded directly from this link : http://guliverkli.sourceforge.net/GSdxv1-12.zip
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team