FMV issues
That's sorted it for Silent Hill 2! Thanks Smile

The FMVs play in SH3 but they flicker, any way to fix that? If it's an isolated issue to SH3 I'm not too fussed about it

Sponsored links

(03-04-2015, 09:42 PM)Smokin Kippers Wrote: That's sorted it for Silent Hill 2! Thanks Smile

The FMVs play in SH3 but they flicker, any way to fix that? If it's an isolated issue to SH3 I'm not too fussed about it

The wiki page does not point to any direction except that it's a hardware-related issue.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
You can hit F9 to switch over to software mode while playing for the FMVs then hit F9 to switch back to hardware mode for gameplay.
Would that make any difference to having the option checked in game fixes?

To save making a new topic and typing all my spec out again I've tried a load more games and I'm generally happy with the way everything is set up, however I've tried Timesplitters 2 and 3 and encountered some new issues:

TS2 gets to the title screen then just stops (the screen before you can press start)
TS3 loads but it runs VERY slowly

Any way to fix them it is my CPU not good enough?
Please post current settings as well as FPS, GS% and EE% values during slowdowns.

Disable MTVU for ts2 to work.
I'm away from the computer right now so I can't post slowdown info but I'm using the same settings in my first post for everything.
The following games are currently running perfectly (if it matters?):
Final Fantasy X and Xiii
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 2
Silent Hill 2 and 3 (appart from the issues mentioned)
For TS2 as already said just check speedhack section. Probably MTVU is enabled which needs to be disabled for this specific game.

For TS3 the information about the origin of the slowdown (EE or GS) would be nice to know...
Unchecking MTVU fixed Timesplitters 3, it runs great however in game I keep getting a random "burst" of multicolour pixels at the bottom of the screen every few seconds, it stops for a minute or so but then I get it again.

Also I spoke too soon with Kingdom Hearts, it plays and looks great but every now and then the screen randomly jumps. It's a very minor issue so if fixing it is going to cause problems elsewhere I can live with it.
My screen normally doesn't jump when I play kingdom hearts.... How do you reproduce that?
It's like a random flicker that keeps happening. Other than that it plays fine

Oh and another minor issue but if it can be fixed great, there are faint black lines all around the text

(03-06-2015, 10:40 PM)Smokin Kippers Wrote: It's like a random flicker that keeps happening like the screen is trying to re-size itself. Other than that it plays fine

Oh and another minor issue but if it can be fixed great, there are faint black lines all around the text