FMV issues
Is it maybe tearing and you have vsync problems?

faint black lines around text sounds to me like upscaling issue. Are you upscaling? Do you use any of the gsdx HW hacks?

Sponsored links

I'm on using the setting in my first post except now I've disabled MTVU. How do I fix v-sync?
Try using the native resolution.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Thanks native seems to have fixed everything in all my games. Shame I can't have everything in HD though. Is that simply down to my system or is it only possible in some games?

FFX can achieve it with no issues at all but with all the others there's always some issue cropping up. The main thing for me was just being able to play them as they looked on the PS2 so it's not a massive deal to me.

I was planning on upgrading the GPU later in the year or won't that make any difference?
Upgrading your gpu will allow you to play games at higher internal resolution. Though, you also need a good equivalent CPU to produce better FPS.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I take the specs I have (in my first post) aren't quite good enough then and that tweeting the settings isn't really going to help overall?
Tweaking the settings will help you overall and you're processor is more than adequate of running pcsx2 so, no need to upgrade. Smile
- Refraction