FMVs Being Skipped? (Persona 3 FES)
Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could get some help with a problem I've been facing since using PCSX2 for the past few months.

I've only ever used PCSX2 to play Persona 3 FES, so I don't know if this problem occurs in other games, but we can assume it does. During my many hours of playtime with Persona 3 FES, it has recently come to my attention that all the FMVs that aren't the intro cutscenes are being skipped for some odd reason. I don't think this is user error, since I helped my other friends set up PCSX2 the exact same way I have it and all of their FMVs load properly. I don't think this is due to bad ISO, either, because I have dumped my version of Persona 3 FES - which works fine on console - to my PC multiple times now. I have tried using dev versions of PCSX2 to see if that fixed the problem, but they still get skipped and I don't know why. If anyone could give me insight as to why my version(s) of PCSX2 skip FMVs at random, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-11-2021, 11:46 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

That's one of the strangest parts of this error. I was monitoring the console the entire time but nothing came up when doing so. Even looking through the entirety of the emuLog.txt file shows no signs of the FMVs skipping. Seeing as this error takes hours to appear, the log is quite long. I'm unaware of anyone else having this problem, and it's very frustrating to not know what the cause is. If you'd like, I can throw you the entire log if you'd like to look through it.
Quote:If you'd like, I can throw you the entire log if you'd like to look through it.
yes, please.
attach it as a file, or use pastebin
(04-11-2021, 12:29 PM)jesalvein Wrote: yes, please.
attach it as a file, or use pastebin

Sorry for the late reply, fell asleep after sending you the previous message. I'll send my log as an attachment. (You might think that the cheats I have running are the issue, but, as stated in the main question, I helped my friends set up the game the exact same way - cheats and all.)

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 173,92 KB / Downloads: 77)
Quote:Loaded 18715 Cheats from '94A82AAA.pnach' at 'C:\Users\jned2\Desktop\PS2 Emulator\cheats'
Found Cheats file: '94A82AAA_analogcamera.pnach'
Loaded 29 Cheats from '94A82AAA_analogcamera.pnach' at 'C:\Users\jned2\Desktop\PS2 Emulator\cheats'
Found Cheats file: '94A82AAA_controllableparty.pnach'
Loaded 42 Cheats from '94A82AAA_controllableparty.pnach' at 'C:\Users\jned2\Desktop\PS2 Emulator\cheats'
Found Cheats file: '94A82AAA_hostfs.pnach'
Loaded 18715 Cheats from '94A82AAA_hostfs.pnach' at 'C:\Users\jned2\Desktop\PS2 Emulator\cheats'
Found Cheats file: '94A82AAA_progressivescan.pnach'
Loaded 17 Cheats from '94A82AAA_progressivescan.pnach' at 'C:\Users\jned2\Desktop\PS2 Emulator\cheats'
Found Cheats file: '94A82AAA_silenceopenerror.pnach'
Loaded 1 Cheats from '94A82AAA_silenceopenerror.pnach' at 'C:\Users\jned2\Desktop\PS2 Emulator\cheats'
Found Cheats file: '94A82AAA_velvetbackgroundpatch.pnach'
comment: Velvet Room BG Patch V2 by Tupelov
Author: Tupelov
Loaded 28 Cheats from '94A82AAA_velvetbackgroundpatch.pnach' at 'C:\Users\jned2\Desktop\PS2 Emulator\cheats'
Overall 37547 Cheats loaded
Found Widescreen hacks file: '94A82AAA.pnach'
comment: Widescreen hack by nemesis2000, devina, CeruleansBlue, Arapapa
Loaded 174 Widescreen hacks from '94A82AAA.pnach' at 'C:\Users\jned2\Desktop\PS2 Emulator\cheats_ws'
Overall 174 Widescreen hacks loaded
Found widescreen patches in the cheats_ws folder --> skipping cheats_ws.zip
whoooof. Blink
try disabling cheats
(04-11-2021, 09:37 PM)jesalvein Wrote: whoooof. Blink
try disabling cheats

I don't really expect it to do much but I'll give it a go. My other friends who have their FMVs playing have an exact copy of my cheats folder and theirs work fine so I'm lost if this doesn't do anything.
(04-11-2021, 09:37 PM)jesalvein Wrote: try disabling cheats

Just as I suspected - turning off cheats didn't fix the problem. I am stumped now and I have a feeling that I am the only one who has this problem. I don't believe my Dualshock 4 controller is the problem of this, either, due to the fact that I can unplug it from my PC before a cutscene starts and it will still skip. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PCSX2 on multiple occasions but nothing seems to fix this problem.
Well. Loading so many cheats is globally a very bad idea.
It's highly possible you actually saved your game with cheats enabled, triggering something bad that can't be removed afterwards.
Do you get the same problem with a new game without cheats ?

How are you wrapping your ds4 btw? Ds4windows ? Steam ?
(04-12-2021, 12:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: It's highly possible you actually saved your game with cheats enabled, triggering something bad that can't be removed afterwards.

Do you get the same problem with a new game without cheats ?

How are you wrapping your ds4 btw? Ds4windows ? Steam ?

Let me answer these in segments since I think you may have just hit the nail on the head with that first statement.

1.) I probably most likely did save over some bug in my game, or at least removed a modification after saving with it on. This could explain a number of issues I've been having with my game and I'm glad that I think I finally have (what I hope to be) the correct answer.

2.) I'm less than 4 hours away from beating the game, and once I do, I'll play through for a couple hours again on a new save to see if they continue to skip. If so, I'm afraid I'll have to come back here for support once more.

3.) I'm not sure what you mean by "wrapping my DS4"... I just set it up as an xInput controller inside of PCSX2 itself and it's been working fine.