FPS
Quote:AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.40GHZ

Jaysama's specs.

Quote:Recommended Processors:

Intel Core 2 Duo / Core i3 @ 3.2Ghz or faster
Intel Core i5 / i7 @ 2.66Ghz or faster
AMD Phenom II / Athlon II (X2, X3 or X4) @ 3.4Ghz or faster

From the link...

Here's a trip down my memory lane. I have had plenty of different cpu's and gpu's. From a GeForce 210 to a Radeon 6770 to GTX 550 TI, etc. From an Athlon X2 2.4 ghz to a SB i3 3.1 ghz, a E5400 2.7 ghz to Bulldozer, a Trinty APU to my current AMD Piledriver setup currently noted in my sig, etc. The Athlon X2 and E5400 needed speedhacks to the max to play many games. And some games such as Dynasty Warriors 3, do not tolerate speedhacks. Some games, such as FFX can be attempted using less-than recommended settings with speedhacks, but that type of game is on the left-end of the typical CPU demand on a bell-curve graph. So, outright high amount of ghz is important here.

When it comes to GPUs, AMD APUs can, at best, handle native resolution. I say that from having had a A10-5800k with its built-in 7660D graphics. At best, native, nothing more. Meaning many games don't even tolerate native at full-speed. And this is from AMD's current flagship desktop APU! DDR2/3 integrated graphics just don't cut it. (Kaveri is supposed to fix this issue, but I don't want to derail things here.)

The OP is using a very basic laptop. It could handle PS1 and N64 emulation, and less demanding emulators. But generally, not PCSX2.

Bottom line, the attached link is there for a good reason. It gives the user an approximation of what is needed to run their favorite ps2 games. My reply is not meant to insult anyone. But you can't expect a different response about your problem when there is a good sticky to answer the question beforehand.

(If it were an i5 2500k running slow on FFX, then surely another problem is occurring, due to its powerful reputation on the benchmarks.)
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Sponsored links

(04-29-2013, 05:05 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Jaysama's specs.

From the link...

Here's a trip down my memory lane. I have had plenty of different cpu's and gpu's. From a GeForce 210 to a Radeon 6770 to GTX 550 TI, etc. From an Athlon X2 2.4 ghz to a SB i3 3.1 ghz, a E5400 2.7 ghz to Bulldozer, a Trinty APU to my current AMD Piledriver setup currently noted in my sig, etc. The Athlon X2 and E5400 needed speedhacks to the max to play many games. And some games such as Dynasty Warriors 3, do not tolerate speedhacks. Some games, such as FFX can be attempted using less-than recommended settings with speedhacks, but that type of game is on the left-end of the typical CPU demand on a bell-curve graph. So, outright high amount of ghz is important here.

When it comes to GPUs, AMD APUs can, at best, handle native resolution. I say that from having had a A10-5800k with its built-in 7660D graphics. At best, native, nothing more. Meaning many games don't even tolerate native at full-speed. And this is from AMD's current flagship desktop APU! DDR2/3 integrated graphics just don't cut it. (Kaveri is supposed to fix this issue, but I don't want to derail things here.)

The OP is using a very basic laptop. It could handle PS1 and N64 emulation, and less demanding emulators. But generally, not PCSX2.

Bottom line, the attached link is there for a good reason. It gives the user an approximation of what is needed to run their favorite ps2 games. My reply is not meant to insult anyone. But you can't expect a different response about your problem when there is a good sticky to answer the question beforehand.

(If it were an i5 2500k running slow on FFX, then surely another problem is occurring, due to its powerful reputation on the benchmarks.)

sorry for my rude reply.
I was very frustrated with all ppl trying to tell everyone on this thread even with great systems u'r pc specs are too low for pcsx2,u'r pc specs are too low for pcsx2.
Sorry again Smile,i didn't saw that op has 1.40 ghz amd apu !!
Yeah he can run ps1,Snes or N64 emulators fine.if any setting doesn't help him,he should upgrade his system for playing games on pcsx2 !!