FPS Cap
(07-30-2015, 06:23 PM)willkuer Wrote: Does this regulate emulation speed as well?

Not sure. I guess it's possible it might not.

Sponsored links

Actually it sounds to me like a frameskip option where every frame above the limit is just thrown away. So in the end you might get turbo speeded emulation at capped fps.
When frame limiter is on, EE fluctuates between 30 and 60%, GS between 25 and 40%. With frame limiter off EE fluctuates between 100 and 150%.

Log attached.

GS settings are all default. Adapter set to my GPU, Renderer to Dx11, no interlacing, native resolution, no shade boost, no fxaa, no fx shader, texture filtering left with that square thingie option, everything else is disabled.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 2,98 KB / Downloads: 159)
Are these values with speedhavks turned off? If yes, what are fps using framelimiter at those ee/gs values?
(07-30-2015, 05:31 PM)dogen Wrote: Do you have msi afterburner? If you do you can limit your framerate in the menu that pops up when you click the little lcd icon in your system tray.
Msi afterburner includes the RivatunerStatisticsServer (RTSS). Use it to create a profile for the pcsx2 executable and within the profile set a fps limit.

(07-30-2015, 06:23 PM)willkuer Wrote: Does this regulate emulation speed as well?
I don't know how exactly it works but I have let epcsx run fullspeed and limited fps using RTSS so that any emulated slow downs are negated..
(07-31-2015, 01:16 AM)jjpjimmy Wrote:  so that any emulated slow downs are negated..

I don't think that you can avoid slowdowns like that. But caping fps might be possible and maybe more efficient than using the pcsx2 internal function. I don't know.