FPS Drops Drastically
I'm new to pcsx2 so I'm not sure what seems to be the problem with the emulator. I've tried to play multiple games and while it's loading the FPS is steady, around 50-60 FPS, but then when I actually start playing the game the FPS drops to about 10 FPS causing the game to lag. I'm not sure if it's the settings that I have, or maybe the plugins.

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem.

EDIT: Don't know if this is helpful but here is my computer specs.
Code:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2GB RAM
Windows XP

Sponsored links

Your cpu is very old and way below recommeded specs, so depending on what games youve tried the low fps is to be expected. What games have you been trying to run?
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(04-04-2011, 02:34 AM)GamerGeek Wrote: Your cpu is very old and way below recommeded specs, so depending on what games youve tried the low fps is to be expected. What games have you been trying to run?

I tried to play Headhunter, Colosseum Road To Freedom and Mother Truckers.
Unfortunately Im unfamiliar with all those games, so I couldnt tell if the fps is too low or not. Make sure you try the latest beta(unless you already are), also try some speedhacks. And post your settings and hopefully someone whos played those games will be able to help you further.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Pentium D is a dual core processor, not a hyperthreading one like Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz. Its clock speed is pretty high, so it should be good enough to run most game at full speed. The Pentium E 2.2 Ghz can run the popular FFX at full speed, so there's no reason that prevent Pentium D 3.4 from running it. I'm not sure 'bout the games you try but I suppose you change your resolution settings.
(04-04-2011, 09:56 AM)Livy the pixie Wrote: Pentium D is a dual core processor, not a hyperthreading one like Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz. Its clock speed is pretty high, so it should be good enough to run most game at full speed. The Pentium E 2.2 Ghz can run the popular FFX at full speed, so there's no reason that prevent Pentium D 3.4 from running it. I'm not sure 'bout the games you try but I suppose you change your resolution settings.

Heres the difference

the Pentium D is based on the Pentium 4 long pipe high clock rate architecture that is massively subject to pipe stalls and low instruction executions per cycle.

The Pentium E(Dual Core) is based on the Core marchitecture which the fundamental design origins resemble that of the P3.

In many cases a 3Ghz Pentium D is equivalent to a Core based processor at 2.2Ghz. actually, thats being generous towards the pentium d..... its actually usually more around the 1.7Ghz in comparison....
Are you sure you don't mean Pentium M architecture?

PS: I wish to let clear than other than the (possible) typo, the description is correct and precise.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Pentium M is a mobile CPU. It is considered better than a P4 (clock-to-clock), but it's basically a cross breed between the P3's core and the P4's bus.

@ OP:
Your CPU is an old dual core. It most likey will slow you down from time-to-time, so consider using Speedhacks. What GPU do you run on? This can make or break your situation, so it should be covered.
Yeah, the pentium D's are simply too old of a processor. Clock for clock, it rates very poorly compared to just about every other dual core out there...

That said, I see no mention of your video card either, but I'm guessing it could just as likely to be the cause of your slowdowns. Type dxdiag in start menu -> run and then click on the display tab and tell us what it says. I'm guessing we'll see an intel integrated solution which is completely unsuitable for PCSX2.
[Image: 2748844.png]