FPS Fluctuate
Ok Hi everyone I am back! I am trying to run Rachet and Clank: Going Commando, Which by the way runs 3000 times better then its precursor I even managed to run it better without moving my speedhack sliders, Now the issue I am having is actually the FPS tend to fluctuate above 60 at times which can be really annoying because it causes my character to speed up, and sometimes it drops below 54 causing my character to slow. Any Suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored links

provide the content of your emulog and screenshot of all of your pcsx2 settings and the EE and GS values during slowdown.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Log: http://pastebin.com/wecLaQTb

Settings: All Normal Except [Image: c805e1c4ab.png]

Video of gameplay to show the EE and GS Values https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAMd_KF-...e=youtu.be
Your CPU seems to be using it's full potential at most of the loads, it looks like an hardware limit. providing a screenshot of your GSDX plugin settings will help a bit. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
[Image: 6667c6cede.png]
The Processor is a AMD Fx6350 6 Cores at 3.9Ghz
Graphics Radeon 5450
Ik the card isn't great but i don't know how it can cause it to sometimes speed up. Is there any keybind to disable the EE Cycle thing. It seems to be what messes with my audio (As seen at end of video) But I dont want to have to pause to turn it off for a video
Yeah, couldn't have configured better myself. the only way to gain fps right now is to increase the VU stealing in speedhacks section but, it might make the fps Internally slower while making it externally faster.
- Refraction
Ok, I'll deal with it for now, getting new graphics card soon. Is there a keybind to disable EE Cycle settings in game. Also When I played this disk on my PS2 there was a spot that would always freeze but the disc isnt really that scratched. I ripped the ISO and it did it without issue. Do you think the game will still freeze at that spot? Thanks
Clearly your graphic card is from another age and you cant even anymore play with this, don't forget to overclock your cpu to the max you can because its not really one of the most powerfull (maybe you could easily gain 300/400mhz if you have the proper cooling)... its a decent mid-range pc gaming cpu, but amd suck a bit on emulators because their cores are not very strong.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
you should overclock your CPU to get better performance. Blyss also has a similar processor and he can play almost most of the the games when overclocked to 4.5 ghz. just make sure you have a proper fan cooler before you proceed.
- Refraction
You could use AMD Catalyst Control Center with Graphics Overdrive in order to boost your card a little bit. The 5450 is absolutely terrible for emulation (I know, I have one). Using Overdrive has however made some unplayable games playable and letting me use Internal Scaling x2. Also, some games get more or less FPS depending on what GSD you use. Final Fantasy XII for example gets more FPS if I use D3D11 and other games (Dark Cloud 2 is one I think) get more FPS when using D3D9 instead. Your biggest limitation by far is your graphics card right now, so the best thing to do is mess about with the graphical settings and hope for the best.