FPS Goes from crazy fast to slow?
Ok so for any game I play, I have the FPS on "normal" with full speed hacks. If I start up FFX for example, I'll get anywhere from 120-200 fps. This is great because I can't watch those cutscenes for the 6th time. But randomly, even if I stand still, the fps will drop to 30 for about 10 seconds, then shoot up to 120 again. This is really annoying when I'm running or fighting because it's like slo-mo mode started and then went away. I really don't think it's my comp because how else can I run games at 120fps. Here's my specs.

Memory: 3328MB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor 2.7GHz

I am switching between ZeroGS and GSdx and both give em the same results, it's slightly better on GSdx.

This is bugging me because I am seeing vids on youtube of people with no problems on less powerful rigs. Help!

Sponsored links

you try a fps limitation ?? maybe is that i have the same problem on a ps1 emulator and thas fixed
make sure that your pc isn't full of dust Tongue (which could make it do that >_>)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Disable all the speedhacks and try again, could be they cause it.
Also make sure no other background programs (antivirus kicking in!) need cpu time.
Pff you all missed it Tongue It's the usual DVD reading slowness. Make an ISO of your disc and run it directly with Linuz ISO plugin. That should make the slowdowns go away
[Image: newsig.jpg]
well he never gave his full config in the first place so it could any of the stuff that we have mentioned Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
I don't know how dust can make a PC get 120 fps then back down to 10 then back up to 120,except if you mean overheating...but in that case it would drop to 10 and stay there Tongue
The FPS fluctuation happens each time the game needs to read from the disc,so the emulator has to wait for the dvd rom to spin up so it starts reading the data,so while the emulator waits,it almost stalls so that's why fps show such low numbers (in practice its 0 fps,it's waiting for the dvd rom) and then goes back up when the spin up is complete and data is being read.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I think you're right, but he said even standing still so that's missleading heh >_>