FPS Major drop after being solid for a week or more
Playing FF12, been playing for several day's, and getting close to end. solid 60 FPS all the way. (saw 59.something at screen changes and such, but never any dip in FPS at all.

I have been using cheats, basic one's mostly, but sense I was getting close to the end.

I decided to pop a big one in that would give all weapon's and armor.  (Just wanted to see how good some of them were.)

Made a save before doing this, and a save to test the cheats on, figuring I could roll back to the old one if something went amiss.

I have always been able to remove most all cheats by pulling mt Cheats folder out or renaming it, and allowing the game to make a new cheats folder, for most things this has worked for me to get rid of some troublesome PNACH problems.

anyway after that no matter what I do the FPS has fallen into the 30 FPS area, and has started to bump up and down.

SYSTEM Win 10 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 core processor, 16.0GB Ram, Nividia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, latest drivers, (are updated about a week ago.)

I did a re-installation of PCSX2 and started a new game the problem is still there, even doing that. will attach the log from that new game, I did not have log's on in the other installation, so although I have the save file, which right now I am not using, I have no log from that game.

I will attach the log, I hope one of you can tell me what I messed up, I am sure it is User (Me) being a dumb arse Sad
.7z   emulog.7z (Size: 19,91 KB / Downloads: 39)

Sponsored links

(02-07-2023, 10:11 AM)taglag Wrote: Playing FF12, been playing for several day's, and getting close to end. solid 60 FPS all the way. (saw 59.something at screen changes and such, but never any dip in FPS at all.

I have been using cheats, basic one's mostly, but sense I was getting close to the end.

I decided to pop a big one in that would give all weapon's and armor.  (Just wanted to see how good some of them were.)

Made a save before doing this, and a save to test the cheats on, figuring I could roll back to the old one if something went amiss.

I have always been able to remove most all cheats by pulling mt Cheats folder out or renaming it, and allowing the game to make a new cheats folder, for most things this has worked for me to get rid of some troublesome PNACH problems.

anyway after that no matter what I do the FPS has fallen into the 30 FPS area, and has started to bump up and down.

SYSTEM Win 10 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 core processor, 16.0GB Ram, Nividia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, latest drivers, (are updated about a week ago.)

I did a re-installation of PCSX2 and started a new game the problem is still there, even doing that. will attach the log from that new game, I did not have log's on in the other installation, so although I have the save file, which right now I am not using, I have no log from that game.

I will attach the log, I hope one of you can tell me what I messed up, I am sure it is User (Me) being a dumb arse Sad

I am not sure, what happened: I was sure I had rebooted last night when all the FPS problems started, but maybe i did not.

All I know is that this morning I tried the games again, and every one of them is playing at peak FPS, solid just like before.  Maybe it was just a reboot that was needed, I have no Idea. (I mean I thought I did reboot, but maybe I did not)

Anyway all seems fine this morning Smile
Sometimes video card driver may have crashed or got stuck. Glad it figured itself out.