FPS drop during VF4 & other/performance question
Hi, Im experiencing slowdowns, particularly during 3d fighting games. I get 40-45 fps with VF4: Evolution by turning off texture filtering, 50 with Tekken 5, etc. RPGs usually run well except when in towns with a large concentration of NPCs on screen.

My specs:
AMD FX-6100 6-Core 3.3GHZ Processor
8gb of RAM
ASUS EAH 6450 HD GPU

Im running PCSX2 1.0.0 with the GsDX plugin under DirectX11 Hardware more. The MTVU option helps a bit with Tekken and many games but actually slows downs VF4 further.

My question is this: would getting a better graphic card enhance my performance or is my processor the problem?

Sponsored links

(12-23-2013, 03:52 AM)H-Man Wrote: Hi, Im experiencing slowdowns, particularly during 3d fighting games. I get 40-45 fps with VF4: Evolution by turning off texture filtering, 50 with Tekken 5, etc. RPGs usually run well except when in towns with a large concentration of NPCs on screen.

My specs:
AMD FX-6100 6-Core 3.3GHZ Processor
8gb of RAM
ASUS EAH 6450 HD GPU

Im running PCSX2 1.0.0 with the GsDX plugin under DirectX11 Hardware more. The MTVU option helps a bit with Tekken and many games but actually slows downs VF4 further.

My question is this: would getting a better graphic card enhance my performance or is my processor the problem?

Both are the problem. Probably your GPU more so.

Bulldozer(which you have) has weak single threaded performance.

That GPU is hella weak.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Your processor has pretty poor single-threaded performance, of which this emu needs a lot of. Your best bet would be to overclock it past 4ghz, or upgrade to a Vishera CPU (like the one Blyss has, the FX-6300.)

The GPU is also fairly weak, but should be fine for native res at least.