FPS drop from nowhere
Hi guys. First of all, let me say a huge 'thank you' for this project you are developing.

Now, i've been using PCSX2 for a while now, and it has been working great. But a few days ago, the FPS have been dropping randomly while i'm in the middle of a game (and it happens in all of them) and my EE% rises to 100%. I don't think it's my Laptop specs, 'cause i've been running games smoothly until now and the EE% never went over 50-60%.

I wonder if there's a program that interferes with PCSX2...

Laptop Specs:

Intel i7 3630-QM @ 2.40
8GB RAM
Nvidia GT 650M 2 GB DDR3
Windows 8 64-Bit

PCSX2 1.1.0 rev 5581

I normally use the balanced preset and play my games from ISOs

Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored links

Plug in your ac charger and change your power plan to performance.
No, my FPS still drops. Sad
Try to monitor your HW temperatures (e.g. "Core Temp" for the CPU and GPU-Z for the GPU). It might be throttling to keep the temps sane. If that's the case, you might want to reapply thermal paste to the CPU/GPU (nasty business with laptops) or service your laptop under warranty, which I guess you should still have since yout CPU is quite new.
[Image: tempgpu.gif]

[Image: tempcore.png]

These are my temps while the emulator is running Smackdown: HCTP

I don't think there's nothing out of normal there.

I'm gonna try changing some settings to see if there is any change.
Your CPU frequency is 1.8GHz, while it should be 2.4GHz by default, and 3.2GHz turbo-boost (with all cores active). I have the same CPU and GPU as you, it will easily go (and stay) at 3.2GHz whenever I play games.

You might wanna try ThrottleStop which will help you fight throttling, and set different throttle profiles, etc.
Weird.. as soon as i opened up ThrottleStop and started PCSX2 , the FPS stabilized on 60 FPS and my processor entered Turbo mode.

What kind of sorcery is this? Ohmy