FPS drops to 30-40 from 60. Sound lag, too.
I've used the search function (oh my!) but to no avail. I'm having some issues running Fatal Frame without any FPS lag and sound lag. I came pretty close one time to what seemed like decent FPS but the sound lag remained.

Specs:
Vista-32
2.4 GHZ Quad Core 2
GeForce 8800 GT
4 GB DDR2 RAM (Gimped by 32 bit a little I believe.)

I find it hard to believe that I don't meet the requirements to run this smoothly, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have the most recent PCSX2 installed.

I'm a little frustrated and would appreciate any help.

Sponsored links

Quote:I find it hard to believe that I don't meet the requirements to run this smoothly

As pcsx2 uses only 2 cores, your quad core is a bit slow for pcsx2.

Overclocking to 2.7~2.8 Ghz may help you, though
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-08-2009, 08:53 AM)jesalvein Wrote:
Quote:I find it hard to believe that I don't meet the requirements to run this smoothly

As pcsx2 uses only 2 cores, your quad core is a bit slow for pcsx2.

Overclocking to 2.7~2.8 Ghz may help you, though

Aw crap, I was afraid of something like that. When I read the which "graphics plugin is for me" post I saw quad support and assumed things would be fine.

I guess I'm SOL until there is quad core support? :/

Edit: I'm a little weary about overclocking. I've always been too afraid to do it and my BIOS isn't quite as friendly as some it seems. I can't go in and manually crank it up.
There are software that you can use to overclock cpus within the operating system (windows)
like setfsb and clockgen. What's your mobo anyway?
Intel C2D E7500 2.940 ghz
MSI P45 Neo
MSI R5770 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 640GB
Seagate 320GB Barracuda 7200.10
2GB Kingston Value ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Dual Boot
well I not recommended overclock via windows anyway ... the chance of failure is slightly higher compare to overclock via BIOS.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
Try the latest beta, ticking the "Native" option in Gsdx, some speedhacks and show us your settings so we can help better.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Right, with proper settings this game should be playable on a 2.4Ghz core2.
It's really not a demanding game. (Hint: Activate the INTC sync hack, it works in this game Smile )
Thanks guys. Just wanted to let you know I am reading. But I have to do some Finals stuff today, so I'll be more compliant a little later tonight. Laugh
Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300, 2gb ram, ati radeon x1550, Windows xp pro. Wil this work without lag?
That E6300 has a stock clock of 2.8Ghz. If you can OC it to 3-3.2Ghz, you should be set for most games on PCSX2. Your ram is fine, and Windows XP is also good for this emulator. (The only problem is that you do not have the ability to use DirectX 10, which gives you a pretty good speed up.) You can try ticking native in the GSDX window because your GPU is a little on the weak side. You can try to upgrade to the Nvidia Geforce 9600+ series (or the 200 series) or if you are an ATI fan, the 4700+/5000+ series cards. They are not that expensive anymore, and will give you much better performance in PCSX2 and PC gaming.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |