FPS drops when approaching a savepoint
Set it to D3D11 Hardware, not D3D9.

You also don't need Software mode with those specs unless it's required to fix visual glitches.

Also enable the MTVU speedhack if you haven't already, it'll help a lot.

[Edit]
Missed the part where there's graphical glitches in this game. So yeah, do what willkauer said and set the extra threads. But make sure you don't use D3D9 as it's slower than D3D11.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

(11-21-2014, 12:31 PM)willkuer Wrote: or he can just use his strong cpu in software mode. Especially if he gets glitches in hardware mode.

sw mode forces native resolution so, it might not be liking to most peoples. though i agree the extra rendering threads in sw mode will prove to be useful for the latter's hardware.
are you sure about the speedhack? the emulator says it can cause graphical glitches and audio glitches which is what I came here complaining about XD
Quote:You also don't need Software mode with those specs unless it's required to fix visual glitches.

(11-21-2014, 12:16 PM)undeadmerc Wrote: I already pressed F9 to fix the visual glitch of the text boxes being missalligned and that's about all the trouble fixing I know how to do.

Quote:sw mode forces native resolution so, it might not be liking to most peoples

He uses native resolution.

If the goal is to avoid glitches and still get nice fps you just have to so what I said:

1. Renderer: DX10/11(software)
2. Extra rendering threads: 3 or 4
3. Synchronization mode to Async mix

By default recommended speedhacks are already used. MTVU can help you if your EE% is quite high while it is disabled and VU% is quite low while it is enabled. If you are GS limited (what I think is the case due to 0 extra rendering threads) this will improve the situation only non-significantly.
okay so I changed it to D3D11 hardware, 4 extra threads. and I did not enable speedhacks and went and tested it: not only did that fix the dialogue text being misalligned (and being surrounded in black lines) but it smoothed out the FPS with the exception that it seldom jumps to 62 fps XD nothing I'll complain about though.

Thanks a lot for the help everyone and MAN were you guys fast! it's 6 freakin' am here and I didn't expect anyone to reply for hours and yet I get my solution so fast! Laugh I appreciate it thanks a ton
Its 11:50 am in europe Wink

pcsx2 is a global player..

Btw if you really use hardware renderer (without pressing F9) and this glitches were a Dx9/DX11-thing.. Than you can now play with upscaling to get better graphics. (You can set internal resolution to x3 in gsdx-plugin settings and see the difference). Unfortunately upscaling is not possible in software mode.
haha I know it is but still I rarely get a reply so quickly. and in gs window I changed the resolution to 720 though I think that's just the window itself. and I,ve no clue where this synchronization thing is
(11-21-2014, 12:31 PM)willkuer Wrote: MainWindow -> Configuration -> Audio (SPU) -> Plugin Settings -> Synchronizing Mode:
Set to Async Mix to get stable sound even if the framerate drops some fps. Then lags will be hardly noticeable if you don't look on the fps-counter.
(11-21-2014, 12:54 PM)undeadmerc Wrote: and in gs window I changed the resolution to 720 though I think that's just the window itself.

willuker is mentioning about the internal resolution which can be found in the gsdx settings.
all right thanks