FPS fluctuation with PCSX2
I've beaten Dragon Quest VIII on PCSX2, although it had some slowdowns it worked fine most of the game, Silent Hill 2 and 4 work with constant high FPS, when I play Tales of the Abyss the game works fast, but sometimes in dialogue the game starts to go into slow motion for no reason, also in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, in battles it goes into slow motion, it works fine for a while in battles but then this happens, do these games have issues? Is my PCSX2 configuration faulty or is it just my PC's power?

Here are my specs:
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8670M which I use as high priority over my Intel HD 4000
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz (in device manager it shows me 4 of those)
Direct X11

If possible, could you tell me of configuration which would be optimum for these specs?

What do you suggest?

EDIT: I think this is the wrong forum to post in lol? :/

Sponsored links

what resolution you use by the way . and it's ok to post in this forum
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
That CPU is hyperthreading because it only has 2 cores. That's why you see 4 threads but it's not actually a quad core CPU.

2.60 GHz is also pretty low for a game like Dragon Quest VIII. Unfortunately you won't benefit much from the MTVU hack due to it not being a quad core CPU.

So you'll have to tinker with the other speedhack settings. (Try increasing EEC and VUCS and see if it boosts performance, and also check if it doesn't break stuff in your game).

[Edit] Apparently MTVU does help a bit even with Hyperthreaded CPUs so give it a shot anyway.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
what ryudo said and, play in native resolution to get better speed.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
or try saki"s guide.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(12-09-2014, 05:43 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: or try saki"s guide.
saki's guide will only help for lower dual-core devices like core2duo,pentium.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yes, but it's likely help them too .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Since this is a laptop the lowend pc guide should help as well.