FPS go down after starting game
Hello together

I have got a problem with the PCSX2 v1.0.0 r5350.

In the graphic setting i set the lowest I think, Direct3d11(Hardware), native resolution, Interlacing none. Other settings default.

Lowest Sound settings.

In the emulation settings I nearly left everything default, in the GS Windows I changed to widescreen by resolution of 640x480. No Speedhacks allowed, no frame skipping.

If I start a game(Need for Speed Undercover I tried, which should be supported), I first have 50 FPS, but if the loading screen appears, the FPS fall down to 5 or 6. I don't think that my hardware is too slow, see specs below. I tried all 3 GS plugins, but its always the same. The gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll gets a failure by starting the emulator.

What did I make wrong? I followed the instructions, but it don't works... I changed the settings a lot, but nothing helped...

I hope anybody can help me.

My Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i7 970 (3.2 GHZ/ core)
2x Radeon HD 6870(Connected by Crossfire)
12Gb DDR3 RAM (1600MHZ Frequency)

Excuse for probably mistakes in the text, I speak German normally. But I hope you will understand what I mean.
Tired of always changing your PCSX2 Configuration for different games?

Check this out: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-MultiConfigTool

Sponsored links

If your problem only lies with NFS undercover then its probably just how hard it is to emulate.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Pretty much all the Need for Speed games are insanely hard to emulate. I think it would be better to just play it on your PS2 Smile
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Yep, should not be surprise at all if the emulation speed issues start after the "real action" takes place, like going from the menus to actual game.

But then, disabling speedhacks might be useful to test specific issues but not to help with "actual" FPS issues. I mean, excess speedhacks might cause kind of a lag and characteristic slowdown even if the emulator show that the FPS increased, that's what people calls fake FPS (although not technically correct that's like it looks).

Just don't be afraid to use speedhacks where they are needed, as the game's name suggest, speed is necessary.

Edit: I remember that game to be problematic from previous reports what makes it to fall into that characteristic of misbehaving games which defies every machine out there does not matter how powerful it is. Just that I'm not sure of this and have no way to test personally.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Okay, thanks all for your help!

Yes, it's the game, which reduces the FPS. I tried two diffrent games and they work fine, except some graphical glitches.
Tired of always changing your PCSX2 Configuration for different games?

Check this out: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-MultiConfigTool