FPS is too Fast
(06-01-2014, 09:01 AM)FinalFLuver Wrote: how are my computer specs weak? This is a brand new (2 months old) HP laptop specifically designed for gaming.
that doesn't mean it's iideal for pcsx2. If you want to feel comfortable with psx2, you need a desktop quad core @ 3.5 ghz, preferably intel ones because of their fast architecture.
Yours is an AMD laptop quad core @ 2.5 ghz
Quote:it has an awesome graphics card (dual graphics)
which is completely useless for pcsx2
Quote:and even OpenGl is version 4.2.
completely useless for pcsx2 as long as you're using gsdx (Directx API, not open GL)

Quote:the computer specs are not an issue for the type of games i play, speed wise or other, not even close
I just hope you're not trying to compare pc gaming to emulation... Blink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

It's It's not that great. It's fine for gaming, but cpu intensive tasks like pcsx2 are very different than your average pc game.

Just to expand on Jesalvein's about Crossfirex; pcsx2 actually does WORSE with Crossfirex enabled. The same also applies to SLI on Nvidia cards
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-01-2014, 08:57 AM)FinalFLuver Wrote: I actually have the extra rendering set at 16 Smile

Since it was not mentioned so far. This is creating a slowdown for sure for you. If it would be easy as this the devs would just set extra rendering threads to 1k and everyone would be happy.
There is an optimum for the performance that is close to 3 extra rendering threads. Increasing above 3 or 4 is for most systems decreasing performance again.
I think possibly the optimum(not sure about HT, but for real cores) is:

Set extra threads to total cores - 3

Not sure how MTVU affects that though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-01-2014, 08:57 AM)FinalFLuver Wrote: I actually have the extra rendering set at 16 Smile
Dude, you will need a dodecahedre-core (or however you say that) CPU for that to actually work. You're making your CPU work for 6x its MAXIMUM speed!

Put 3 extra threads and you will see it is much better. If it was that simple I would put 9999 and play all games swell.
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
(06-02-2014, 05:01 PM)MenDude Wrote: Dude, you will need a dodecahedre-core (or however you say that) CPU for that to actually work. You're making your CPU work for 6x its MAXIMUM speed!

Put 3 extra threads and you will see it is much better. If it was that simple I would put 9999 and play all games swell.
It's not making his cpu work 6x harder, though it is trying to 13 use more cores than his cpu has.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]