FPS issue.
i know for a fact that i'm definately not the first person to post this thread, and i apologize to anyone if this might've annoyed them, but I have an issue I haven't been able to fix for days now. I recently got into using emulators, and first downloaded a DS emulator, then i tried my hand at PCSX2, and i found it very fun. I put on a Kingdom Hearts Re-Chain of Memories ISO on my computer and ran it, which was successful. The first run, which had just a FEW slowed down parts, for the most, ran well. however, almost immediately after running PCSX2 for a second time, the game was running at around 20-30 fps. 30 if i was lucky. in the main menu it had a good 50-60, in the loading screen, 10-20. during gameplay, 20. and during actual battles, 2-10. my computer is a Acer Aspire 7551-7422
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 7934 MB
CPU name = AMD Phenom™ II N970 Quad-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 2.193 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

my video card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 512 mb
i have gone into the emulators settings and tweeked around with practically everything possible including speed hacks, yet nothing helped. is this an issue with my video card? i would love some solid feedback. thank you for your time.

Sponsored links

For pretty much any game with an AMD CPU for HW mode you need at least 3 GHZ, 3.4 GHZ being recommended in this guide. Don't even think about SW mode, as it may go 10fps. Tongue

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

However, that GPU is pretty old and not very effective to help your fps, even in HW mode. Here is a GPU benchmarking website. Bear in mind that this card is in the low-to-mid range benchmarks.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/midlow..._gpus.html

So the best bet is to make sure your power management is "High Performance" (be careful of heat) and try VU Cycle stealing max of 2 and/or EE timing max of 2. Using max settings on these 2 speedhacks usually causes more problems than they help, but with some games you may get lucky. Also try MTVU hack, it may or may not help.
u should configure the graphics plug in to directx10 or 11 hardware and tick native resolution. that should give u speed