FPS issues.
Hello. I'm a bit new to this forum so please excuse me if I am a bit nubbish. PCSX2 has been running fine on my computer for months now but now, for no apparent reason, it keeps running the games at only half, or less than half, FPS than before. I just can't figure out what happened and was hoping to get some help here. Thanks in advance.

Specs are as follows:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphics: Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 460M 1GB

Sponsored links

settings help in my sig
(04-22-2012, 03:28 PM)Saiki Wrote: settings help in my sig

My computer isn't exactly a low-end pc but, I still tried and it still didn't work. I'm still not even sure WHAT caused the slowdown. It was working completely fine before.
what game?

also. pcsx2 only uses 2 cores. your pc is no faster than mine as far as PCSX2 is concerned
(04-22-2012, 03:56 PM)Saiki Wrote: what game?

also. pcsx2 only uses 2 cores. your pc is no faster than mine as far as PCSX2 is concerned

It's for every game I have now. It started happening while I was playing SOTC. I had just gotten past the tenth colossus and my game started slowing down. I figured it was just the game but it was still happening when I tried to play others.
SOTN is a Megathrust to Disasterous demanding it's similar GT4's CPU and GPU hungry you need a powerhouse desktop rather than a laptop.
did you follow Saiki's mini guide??

another concerns btw is the laptop temperatures during heavy emulation such as those 2 deadly demanding games SOTN,GT4
e.g. 90C or beyond will slowing the CPU for example.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
ok, well, sotc is better in sw mode on more cores, also what PCSX2 version are you using?
latest SVN have that MTVU hack that helps a lot! Tongue did you try it?
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

(04-22-2012, 04:26 PM)Saiki Wrote: ok, well, sotc is better in sw mode on more cores, also what PCSX2 version are you using?

I'm using PCSX2 0.9.8. I DID try to download the latest revision of 0.9.9 but it still didn't seem to fix my problem. Also, 0.9.9 does not seem to be able to read my save states.
save to a card, load it on the new SVNs

you will see VAST improvement