FPS lag, too much data?
Hello all, I've browsed around the forums looking a possible answer to my problem. Most of what I've seen has just gone over my head. I've tried to implement some fixes, but the most I've been able to accomplish with the emulator has been to make the graphics look a bit better than they where when they first started out.

I'm playing Suikoden V. Thus far, it's the only game I've tried out with the emulator. I've looked around in Windows 7 and tried to change my settings, but hasn't been at all easy, mostly because it seems Microsoft wants you to have a degree to understand these things I guess.

Here are my specs:
Acer Aspire 7741 (laptop)
Processor: 1.87 GHz
Installed memory: 3.00 GB (2.74 GB usable)
Operating System: Windows 7
Plugin: GSdx9 (Direct3D9 Renderer)
I enabled the three speed hacks that it said were recommended, but haven't noticed any appreciable change.

I wasn't able to find information about my video or sound card. They're both the factory model, as I haven't upgraded any hardware on my machine.

Here is my issue:

While playing Suikoden V, I have noticed that the game slows down considerably the more it has to deal with stuff on the screen. For instance, the FPS rate became around 8.00 when rays of sunlight were on the screen or water splashed in front of the camera. It also has trouble in big cities where a lot of graphics is dealt with. The voices have no effect on the lag. I have turned off the volume of the voice actors in game and found that the lag persists. It is better for some scenes and worse for others, depending on how taxing the graphics are for the screen. This happens no matter how many programs I am using.

The problem with Suikoden V is that all the towns are big. It's a very panoramic game that makes you run through endless vistas just to experience plot events that don't seem immediately relevant. While it lags, everything slows down: the music, the progression of the scene, the speech, everything. The battles are maybe 90% perfect, with the most noticeable slowing occurring when a team attack happens.

I looked in the Task Manager and saw that while my laptop does heat up faster than normal when the emulator is running, the machine still appears capable of handling a bit more strain. The emulator usually does around 150K memory and hangs out around 50% of the CPU consumption. I believe the problem is in my settings rather than the computer itself, but I am not sure how to resolve it.

Sponsored links

Type : Intel® Pentium® Processor P6000
Speed : 1.86GHz
FSB : 1066MHz
Cache : 3MB L3 cache
Lappy is too slow and weak. Speedhacks will do some good but don't expect miracle.
(12-28-2011, 12:33 AM)tuanming Wrote: Lappy is too slow and weak. Speedhacks will do some good but don't expect miracle.

That's the conclusion I came to myself. Guess I'll just have to put up with it until the laptops get more powerful since I'm never going to buy a desktop. Tongue
try this one if you want to pass the Recommended~Maximum requirements.
http://www.originpc.com/choose-eon-gaming-laptop.asp
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(12-28-2011, 03:19 AM)tallbender Wrote: try this one if you want to pass the Recommended~Maximum requirements.

1400$ for a portable playstation? a psp costs how much? Biggrin
(12-28-2011, 06:21 AM)xstyla Wrote: 1400$ for a portable playstation? a psp costs how much? Biggrin
(12-28-2011, 03:19 AM)tallbender Wrote: try this one if you want to pass the Recommended~Maximum requirements.

thats a high-end laptop NOT PSP read the entire overview of that page
about PSP costs.
PSP is now below 100 bucks but you need to add-up the US-tax.
PS vita around 292USD-fixed price(PS asia)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
lol even a gaming laptop is slower then a desktop and not to mention a whole lot cheaper. And to buy something very expensive only for PCSX2 is a bit well thrown away money IMO. I keep saying this over and over, don't expect too much with using a laptop for PCSX2. The Hardware is mostly quite slow Smile