FPS problem with Zone of the Enders
Hi
I recently tried to play ZoE on the emulator and im getting really low FPS. I usually play games in 3x native (DMC3, Persona 4, FFX, Ico) are the games ive tried on the emulator and they've well, some fps drops in DMC3 but nothing game breakable.

Any tips or configuration method I can use to get this great game to work?

My specs
AMD Athlon II X4 630 Quad core 2.80ghz
4.00gb of ram
ATI Radeon HD 4770
Windows 7 32bit

The emulator version I am using is build 0.9.9.5128
If anything else is needed let me know.

Sponsored links

ZoE is quite demanding. WHat do the EE% & GS% say when you get those fps drops ?
use MTVU hack, native internal res, and set EE cycle rate speedhack to 1
then report back.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
[Image: i22b8witsal9H.png]

Sorry for it capturing my other monitor as well but those are the numbers I get.

Ill try it now with your suggestions

Hmm
Now my emulator keeps popping up messages like "either your emulator is GS is buggy despite it going to blame lilypad"
You could consider that 3x scaling as potentially too much for your GPU to handle with some games (or various scenes throughout games).

Please try a lower resolution to see if it does improve the speed.
(Note: It may not improve every slow scene.)

Also-- be sure to try some Speedhacks.
Your processor is on the slow side of average (for the emulator),
so you will need to use some Speedhacks with games (especially "heavy" ones).
If I tried to overclock my CPU would it help any?
Yes-- It will definitely help in some ways, and typically will reduce the need for Speedhacks.

If your GPU is where your bottleneck is,
you may not see much, if any, effect from overclocking your processor.
Im leaning towards my GPU being my bottleneck at this point even though you pointed out my CPU is slow for this emulator.

Ill try some speedhacks and overclock my GPU before I go and overclock my CPU and report back what I get. Really want to play this game on my PC considering the fact it looks dreadful on HDTVs.
Or-- you could just lower the internal resolution a tad.
At least just to see if it's faster at 2x scaling.

If would even indicate if a GPU OC could even be enough.
For example, if you can't even keep full speed at 2x scaling with your GPU stock,
then overclocking is not going to make 3x scaling possible.
try using software mode runs 60 fps for me
(04-20-2012, 10:59 PM)riku44 Wrote: try using software mode runs 60 fps for me

I was messing about and tried playing the game on the original 0.9.8 software. Seems this build works better for me, I got it to 3x native where it would run 60fps+ but some parts it would slow down to 30fps which is understandable.
I then switched to software mode and this definitely seems to work. It fluctuates between looking HD and looking native but thats fine for me.

Ill keep posting once I really get into this and see what settings come out best.