FPS problems with PCSX2 1.2.1 on Parallels Desktop
Hi,
I have a huge problem concerning my FPS on PCSX2 1.2.1. I'm using it on a Mac with Windows 8.1 installed with Parallels Desktop. 
For exemple, when I launch a game in full CD mode, the animations from the PS2 are extremely slow (around 20FPS), however when charging the game and being on the menu, my FPS is back around 50. While actually using the game, the FPS drop back to 20, so it's impossible to play.

Thank you in advance

Sponsored links

Parallels is a virtual layer on top of your mac os. So what you arr currently doing is emulating/translating ps2 code to windows x86 code and afterwards you translate this code to native mac code. This is not efficient and can yield slowdowns. Additionally you are probably missing a real gpu but have some virtualization layer on top (if at all).

Can you please state your system specs? Please as well include fps/ee/vu/gs readings.
(10-15-2015, 05:48 PM)willkuer Wrote: Parallels is a virtual layer on top of your mac os. So what you arr currently doing is emulating/translating ps2 code to windows x86 code and afterwards you translate this code to native mac code. This is not efficient and can yield slowdowns. Additionally you are probably missing a real gpu but have some virtualization layer on top (if at all).

Can you please state your system specs? Please as well include fps/ee/vu/gs readings.

Thank you for your reply,

I have a Macbook Pro Retina 13" late 2013
Processor: 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 Mo

And please, what do you mean by those readings? A screenshot of the pcsx2 window or the setups?
With those specs, you won't get good performances. Especially when virtualizing windows.
Which game are you trying to play, btw ?

The readings are on top of pcsx2 window while playing.
Screenshots of all your settings tab may help us too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm currently trying to play Naruto Shippuden : Ultimate Ninja 5

The screenshots for the readings are:
- during the Sonny intro

- language setup

- game menu

- in-game

The settings and the emulog could help too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Strange, ultimate ninja 5 should run well on your processor, even my old Conroe dual core managed to achieve full speed on this game without much effort.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I also have a version of Pcsx2 on my mac, working on OS X Mavericks! I just tried now and the game runs smoothly..
I guess I'll use os x to play then!

Thank you very much for your help
Virtualization is just really bad for performance. Bootcamp is probably the best alternative.