FPS questions - Wild Arms 5
I actually dont have that option on my menu, i assume i need Dx11?

Sponsored links

Not sure your GPU supports it. maybe DX10, then...
try updating your GPu drivers + updating directx
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It seems everything is up to date.
I tried finding a download for Dx11 (seeing as mine is 10.1), and i tried to install one, but apparantly they are not applicable for my computer

No FPS changes going to D10 (hardware)
Try this
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Installed, but there are no new options in the menu.
Dx10.1 still shows as the installed version, after pc restart
Bump, for visibility.
Dx11 is only available on later windows versions. Dx10 is a fully compatible fallback. Just use dx10 instead.

Vu cycle stealing fakes better fps and artificially lowers the ee% value. I would rather play with ee cycle rate hack and overclock further if possible. Check if mtvu really helps or disturbs. Also try to use clamping mode none and check if it improves fps. Changing clamping modes can and will break games.
Using Dx10 then!

Reduced VU cycling rate, no changes
Im not able to overclock any more, as my processor is "locked" by intel apparantly
MTVU doesnt really affect anything
Clamping hasnt affected really anything

Its really only the battle scenes that give me issues, the pre-battle screen runs fine at 60, but when i get to the action selection options, it drops to 35-40 FPS, then post battle animations and menus bring it back to 60 FPS

There are times where my FPS dips below 50-55 when not in battle, but cutscenes and whatnot run very smoothly :/

Edit: I just randomly decided to raise the VU Cycle Stealing to 2.25 (if thats what it is) and im able to "consistantly" reach 60 FPS, but it may be fooling the game thinking its running perfectly, when it really isnt? The music is running smoothly, its just everything that happens on the screen is delayed.
Please, bear with me lol. Im not the smartest when it comes to emulators
Yeah vu cycle stealing mainly fakes better fps but does not necessarily increase real fps. This was at least my experience most of the time... Especially if you increase it more than once.

I would suggest to put synchronization mode in spu2-x plugin settings to async mix. By doing so the BG music will stay normal even during slowdowns. So that the lag is less visible.