FRUSTRATION AND CRASHING
Star 
Hello Forums i'll try and make this quick because i understand we all have stuff to do. I'm a big Jak and Daxter fan and i recently reunited with disks 1-3 for 10$ at Gamestop. i got pcsx2 because i travel a lot.

I've now spent a total of 3 days trying to figure out how to play it on my laptop because i want to be reunited with my childhood. I'm getting very frustrated at this whole thing.

I've installed pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha, and the other pcsx2 emulator available for mac. i have mountain lion since my laptop is fairly new. i downloaded the graphics and the newest version of xquartz
i also put all of the plug in's from both alpha and the other into the plugins of alpha because after reading a couple fourms i got the impression that its the best for mac.

I can get to the home screen fine. all my options are at default. i properly converted the 1st disk to an iso with the tutorial on http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com. but when i use alpha it just goes to the sony page with writing below in ultra low quality and then it crashes same with the other.

here's what the terminal says:

Interface is initializing. Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
(UserMode) Found portable install ini @ pcsx2_portable.ini
(pxEvtQueue:PauseCoreThread) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueue:PauseCoreThread) Executing... [Cancelable]
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSinit.
ZZogl-PG: GSinit finished.

(pcsx2:3853): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_file_system_unix_get_info: assertion `g_path_is_absolute (filename)' failed

(pcsx2:3853): Gtk-WARNING **: file_system_unix=0x4a8abe0 still has handle=0x4abc680 at finalization which is NOT CANCELLED!
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSopen.
ZZogl-PG: Creating ZZOgl window.
ZZogl-PG: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl-PG: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-pdykv0/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl-PG: Depth 24
ZZogl-PG: You have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl-PG: Using multitexturing.
ZZogl-PG: Maximum texture size is 16384 for Tex_2d and 16384 for Tex_NV.
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: You've manually enabled these hacks:
ZZogl-PG: 'No logz' hack enabled.
ZZogl-PG: Initialization successful.
ZeroSPU2: Initialized portaudio...
ZeroSPU2: Created sound stream successfully...
ZeroSPU2: Started sound stream successfully...
ZZogl-PG: Current game CRC is 1b3976ab.
Segmentation fault: 11
logout

[Process completed]

please tell me if there's anything i've left out, id be glad to provide it. I'm in a bit of a huge pickle here so any help would be greatly appreciated. picture is proof of ownership.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Sorry to say it, but install Bootcamp if you can.
Whats Bootcamp O___O

(03-18-2013, 01:30 AM)metalmallow Wrote: Sorry to say it, but install Bootcamp if you can.

Whats Bootcamp BlinkWacko
Bootcamp allows you to install a Windows OS on your mac. Mac support seems to be far and few in between and it's called 0.9.7 alpha for a reason (buggy). So while there may be a fix for your issue (which there more than likely is), it still may go unanswered. With Bootcamp, you'll be able to use the Windows version of PCSX2 which is way more stable and more updated and better forum support since that is what most people are using.
(03-18-2013, 03:30 AM)Sukunda Wrote: Bootcamp allows you to install a Windows OS on your mac. Mac support seems to be far and few in between and it's called 0.9.7 alpha for a reason (buggy). So while there may be a fix for your issue (which there more than likely is), it still may go unanswered. With Bootcamp, you'll be able to use the Windows version of PCSX2 which is way more stable and more updated and better forum support since that is what most people are using.

i think ill just get my cousins to mail me back my ps2, i gotta use this mac for school and i don't wanna risk any screw ups on my part with the instillation.
(03-18-2013, 04:34 AM)xnicko84x Wrote: i think ill just get my cousins to mail me back my ps2, i gotta use this mac for school and i don't wanna risk any screw ups on my part with the instillation.

Bootcamp is super easy to install; it's implemented by Apple, after all. Tongue
But I can understand your reluctance. You'll probably have a smoother experience playing on a real PS2, anyway.