FRUSTRATION -.- Gamepad issue.
Hey guys whats up ?
I've noticed something weird that's been happening with my controller. I'm using a generic game-pad with Pcsx2 1.1.2 version and it's been driving me CRAZY Angry.

OK, this is how it goes. I install the game-pad with windows 8.1 and the analog button lights up fine meaning it's receiving power from the computer. I configure it in the emulator and test for the vibration and its working correctly. Here's the kicker...

It works when I'm playing a game fine anywhere from 2 mins-3 hours into it and suddenly the controller dies. I mean it just STOPS RESPONDING whatsoever. The analog light just dies and no matter what button i press, the controller doesn't work.

HOWEVER, i notice something strange. THIS ALMOST ALWAYS HAPPENS when a VIBRATION in the game happens and the controller vibrates. It just suddenly stops. I don't know why. Sometimes i press the analog button again and it lights up and the joysticks work again and all the other buttons for a little while and then it just shuts off. When this happens, sometimes the character im playing continues to move in whatever direction it was moving when the controller stopped responding, as if the emulator is still receiving a locked input from the controller Mellow

Also, in device manager, the controller is appeared to be connected, however in the controller pad of the emulator it's detached :/ so i don't know if it's an issue with windows 8.1, the game pad nor the emulator. However, i noticed that if i leave the controller plugged into my laptop the analog light stays on until i turn off my laptop. However, immediately after using the emulator it shuts off and the controller stops responding and the issues described above occurs.

Please help me solve this. Its frustrating having to keep unplugging the controller and reinstalling the driver and testing with the emulator. Please help.

Sponsored links

Anyone ?
1 - this is a forum, not a chat. bumping after 16 minutes isn't appropriate.
2 - I remember someone having the same issue quite a while ago. I think the ***** drivers were to blame.
You can try other input methods such as raw instead of windows messaging in llilypad ans see if it works.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
There could be bad contact between wires too and the vibration could cause them to move.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
@Jesalvein...seriously bro ? A warning level for asking questions ? Geesh. Just saying not to do it again would have been suffice but anyways, thanks for the help guys. I'll see if those methods work.
(02-17-2014, 09:49 PM)King_Nickles Wrote: @Jesalvein...seriously bro ? A warning level for asking questions ? Geesh. Just saying not to do it again would have been suffice
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll think about it if it matters.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hmmmm, looks like you have some thinking to do. Any further input would be welcomed. Thanks guys.
(02-17-2014, 10:10 PM)King_Nickles Wrote: Hmmmm, looks like you have some thinking to do. Any further input would be welcomed. Thanks guys.

If you wiggle the wire around quite a bit does the light stay on?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
My guess would be, either evil rumble driver or faulty hardware. Just remove the motors from LilyPad to disable rumble and see if all is fine again.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Guys guess what ? It works now without any interruptions or whatever :/...but with a catch. I hooked up both of my generic usb controllers to my laptop and PCSX2 registers both and played Splinter cell with one and the controller vibrates and all but doesn't turn off and stays usable. IDK why but it works. It's weird. But i guess this is a temporary fix. Kinda annoying having to have BOTH controllers connected instead of one.