Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy film grain problem
(12-10-2018, 07:23 PM)pandubz Wrote: You also have FXAA enabled, which will blur the image. As for ghosting, consider trying the Half Pixel Offset advanced hardware hack to see if that helps.

No option of Half Pixel Offset removed ghosting.

As for FXAA. Removing it causes jagged edges no matter the internal resolution.

Here's a screenshot of 5x native: [Image: Rjcm5Be.jpg]

Sponsored links

(12-10-2018, 07:17 PM)weirdbeardgame Wrote: Right, but the film grain is what the games supposed to look like. Ie. the devs added it themselves to give the game a certain flavor so really there's no issue with pcsx2 as far as that's concerned.

I know. But I have seen footage of the game without it, as per the links in my earlier post. The film grain is also present in the 08-01-2016 stable release, which is a much older version than the version used in this link I provided earlier (version 1.5.0-1674): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt1apUCttfY

EDIT: So, either that YouTuber's pcsx2 version 1.5.0-1674 has something that neither the current development version or the stable version has, or there is someway to remove film grain, regardless of pcsx2 version.
i think it has been removed during dev (probably to correct something else), but it's supposed to be here.
again, go check on your real ps2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-10-2018, 08:17 PM)jesalvein Wrote: i think it has been removed during dev (probably to correct something else), but it's supposed to be here.
again, go check on your real ps2

Like I said, I know it's supposed to be there. I know. Doesn't mean that I want it to be there, and for the record, neither does Quantic Dream, because film grain was removed from the remastered edition.

What I was asking from the very start, was to find out if there is a way to remove it. Skipdraw was helpfully suggested, unfortunately, skipdraw doesn't seem to doing anything in Fahrenheit. Not in development build nor stable release.

So, again, if someone knows how to remove the film grain and make the game looks much better, help would be appreciated. Or, if someone knows where I could get pcsx2 version 1.5.0-1674 from 2016-11-29, or another version that has this "magical" ability to remove film grain. That would also be appreciated.
Just for the hell of it, I even tried PCSX2 1.1.0.r5760 - compiled on Nov 12 2013 version, and that too had the film grain.

Could it really be that that one Youtuber just happened to have a version that for some unknown reason didn't have the film grain, or had an option to remove it? When the film grain was present even in the 2013 and 2016 stable versions and several current development builds (I tried 4)? Must have been one magical version.

Or is it possible that he was using some external shader that had this ability? Could external shaders do that?

*And just in case. I know the film grain is supposed to be there.
Well, I didn't know that the buildbot stored development builds all the way back to 2016-12-17 which is only 18 days newer then the 2016-11-29 version that didn't have or could remove film grain. Unfortunately the 18 days newer version also has film grain. So, either that 2016-11-29 version was truly unique version, or the pcsx2 version has nothing to do with removing or not displaying the film grain.
(12-10-2018, 09:30 PM)antema Wrote: Well, I didn't know that the buildbot stored development builds all the way back to 2016-12-17 which is only 18 days newer then the 2016-11-29 version that didn't have or could remove film grain. Unfortunately the 18 days newer version also has film grain. So, either that 2016-11-29 version was truly unique version, or the pcsx2 version has nothing to do with removing or not displaying the film grain.

Right, but there's not going to be some magical version of PCSX2 that "fixes" a thing that in reality is supposed to be there while Being considered accurate. Ultimately PCSX2's goal is accuracy so no the version of PCSX2 has nothing to do with removing that effect.