Fahrenheit (PAL) ghosting?
Hi all,
I'm getting a slight ghosting issue on Fahrenheit (the PAL version of Indigo Prophecy). I tried two different Gsdx (one from the official 0.9.8 and another one from the official 1.0.0). I tried Half Pixel offset (this one fixes ghosting on Haunting Ground) and WildArmsOffset (fixes ghosting on Soul Calibur 3), but neither works.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB

Sponsored links

Does the ghosting go if you use the "Native" box?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-07-2012, 03:40 PM)refraction Wrote: Does the ghosting go if you use the "Native" box?

Hi Refraction,

sorry I should have mentioned that but I guess I forgot. Yes, I did try the native resolution, even tried software mode (under different version of directx as well), but still the ghosting is there.

Actually I am uncertain whether the "ghosting" is a bug or it is intentional (like the 3D effect of FF-X, but it doesn't look nice on LCDs so it looks like/mistaken for a ghosting??). Maybe a screenshot might help? Have a look on the window frames at the main char's apartment and the char's body... it's like there is an slight overlapping image/ghosting? On some occasions (like bright background for example, the ghosting become more apparent).

It is probably intentional to look aliased on a CRT screen but looks ugly on a TFT. you could play with the skipdraw setting under the HW Hacks section of GSDX and see if that gets rid of it. Generally skipdraw 1 is enough Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-07-2012, 04:34 PM)refraction Wrote: It is probably intentional to look aliased on a CRT screen but looks ugly on a TFT. you could play with the skipdraw setting under the HW Hacks section of GSDX and see if that gets rid of it. Generally skipdraw 1 is enough Smile

Tried skipdraw 1-10 last night... didn't seem to get anything different at all. Oh well... might as well conclude that the effect is probably intentional Tongue2 unless someone can look into it and come up with different result.

Anyway, thanks Smile