Failed to read/write NVM/MEC file. Check your BIOS setup/permission settings
Hello everyone. I just signed up to ask this question, and I hope I guessed the right section of the forum.

I have installed everything correctly, at least it seems to me. I can't say anything about the configurations yet as I haven't been able to start the game yet.

When I try, I get this strange error message: Failed to read/write NVM/MEC file. Check your BIOS setup/permission settings.

I did some research and found conflicting information. I have tried a few methods shown but nothing.

Can you help me please?

PS: I know I don't have the most powerful computer in the world, so I don't expect great performance... but hell, at least the game starts! I find it absurd that he doesn't really let me go!

PPS: Do you think the video settings I have chosen may have an influence on this problem? If I tried to "reduce" it could this help?

Sponsored links

this has to do with permission problem.
try installing pcsx2 in c:\pcsx2, and in portable mode
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks for the reply.

I can try to delete it and reinstall it in portable mode...

but my file location is C/program x86/PCSX2...

do you mean that there is a way to install without including it in any program folder? If so, which one?
either you manually change the installation path, or simply select portable mode and install it outside of program files
I faced the same problem but after resolved it, the game dsiplay screen shows blank black screen, and I have a HK Bios, is it because the BIOs?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.