Faster and better sound on Final Fantasy X Help please
FFX is a light game, but don't expect miracles with that old system.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Sponsored links

Generally just play around with the speed hacks and it'll help, that said your CPU and GPU are both on the lower end of the spectrum and thus you'll get slowdowns in most games (FFX included).

You can try setting GSDX's settings to "native" (same resolution as a real PS2). Also, enabling all recommended speed hacks should help as well. Aside from that, you can enable "SPU Async" from inside the audio plugin settings. This makes the audio play at full speed even when the game itself isn't going full speed. This can cause some desync in videos/cutscenes, but it should remove all of the stuttering/crackling/speed spikes.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Tick skip reverb effects in audio plugin settings for sound
set Ist option to Linear/okay sound & second to xaudio 2 (recommended)
tick-untick allow 8 bit textures
(in some games,in some games fast)
select u'r computer's lowest resolution !!
(07-07-2013, 06:39 PM)Preet Wrote: Tick skip reverb effects in audio plugin settings for sound
set Ist option to Linear/okay sound & second to xaudio 2 (recommended)
tick-untick allow 8 bit textures
(in some games,in some games fast)
select u'r computer's lowest resolution !!

what computer resolution do in that case?
(07-07-2013, 06:44 PM)The noisy boy Wrote: what computer resolution do in that case?

the lowest that his computer supports Smile
I'd suggest to go into spu2 settings and set latency to 200ms and mode to 'async mix' to improve audio.

To get the whole emulator running faster, the internal gsdx resolution could be decreased in gsdx settings by using native or 2x native internal resolution.

Please post the content of your GSdx.ini file.
(07-07-2013, 06:54 PM)Preet Wrote: the lowest that his computer supports Smile

thats not my question . My question is what the computer internal resolution do in that case. If they put the highest resolution (what thire pc screen supports) of thire monitor they dosnt drop thire fps in any case!
(07-07-2013, 07:07 PM)The noisy boy Wrote: thats not my question . My question is what the computer internal resolution do in that case. If they put the highest resolution (what thire pc screen supports) of thire monitor they dosnt drop thire fps in any case!

no i was saying put his computer's lowest resolution in pcsx2 custom resolution Smile
(07-07-2013, 07:12 PM)Preet Wrote: no i was saying put his computer's lowest resolution in pcsx2 custom resolution Smile

ohh then its ok