Fastest Renderer Anno 2015
Just asking because I havent used pcsx2 in a long time. Is OpenGL or Dx11 the fastest?

Sponsored links

DX11 is currently the fastest(and most compatible).

Gregory has in progress changes that will make OGL roughly the same speed, but they haven't been pushed yet.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Another question, if I could add it here. How accurate is OGL compared to DX10/11?
OGL is not quite as accurate over all, but it's pretty good since gregory has been working on it. There are actually a few areas it's MORE accurate than DX11 now, and with the recent speedboost it may soon become the preferred renderer.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
That's great! I've seen all the commits and what-not, curious to see it.
OGL (hardware mode) fixes the shadow issue on god of war whereas, it needed software mode for D3D11.

Though, there has been a red line regression lately you can fix it by entering this variable with the value 1 in the GSDX.ini file.
Code:
UserHacks_AutoSkipDrawDepth=1

don't forget to have UserHacks = 1. Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
What does UserHacks_AutoSkipDrawDepth actually do? Never heard of that one.
Actually, it is a very old hack that was always on. gregory removed it and made it manual since, that hack caused issues on GTA SA sun effect. though, some games like GOW does depend on that hack. that's why you should use that hack for the GOW game.

this hack was normally implemented since, texture cache doesn't support depth correctly. the other alternative to fix this is to, draw directly in the depth buffer. (I don't know how that could be done)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Ok, thanks.