Fatal Frame camera bug
I'm trying to play the first Fatal Frame with PCSX2 1.0.0, and I have that old camera bug, that makes the ghosts invisible or untargetable using the camera. I understand that software mode fixes it, but I have reports of guys using the exact same emulator, revision and settings and on their machine it works fine, but on mine it doesn't. This friend even sent me his copy of the emulator with all his INIs, still it doesn't work. I tried DX11, DX9 with Log Z enabled, nothing works. Does anyone have any idea what causes this? And how could I fix it without running it on software mode and native res?

Sponsored links

different cpu perhaps?
Yeah, he uses a Sandy Bridge i5 and I use an i7 930, but that shouldn't cause such a different effect, should it?
Depends, try with the different builds of GSdx like SSE2/../AVX.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
I'm using the SSE4. I'll try the other ones.
Here you are. My brothers plays with this version and works perfect. I tried many revisions and options before this and nothing works.

*removed*

I dont know whether this is agains the rules or not,because it is a custom build. But i just cant find so old oficial build anywhere. I read that r2842 is last revision that works with this game without camera bug. Everything after it is broken and was never fixed again...
custom builds are not supported here in the sense that asking for help while using one will end up getting ignored/closed or bositman to kill your entire family tree.
Putting GSDX in to software mode also fixes this problem.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

But no custom internal res...With r2842 there is no such problem. Just from curiosity, why the thing that brake the camera in this game was not fixed yet? ANd why was implemented at first place? Is it possible to be fixed in new revisions? It is good to use latest oficial builds but for that game its nor possible now...

(08-23-2012, 11:35 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: custom builds are not supported here in the sense that asking for help while using one will end up getting ignored/closed or bositman to kill your entire family tree.

OK,tell me from where i can get oficial r2842? Its not the custom build that fix the problem,but the revision. I just manage to find only custom build on this revision and want to help Rolleyes.

Also tried to run only Gsdx plugin in latest 1.0 but it couldnt run.
The problem was actually double barrell.

Originally, the image download (takes a screenshot basically and copys it to the PS2 hardware) didn't actually work, which is what r2853 (where it actually broke) fixed. So you were essentially always taking a picture of the ghost, even if you werent aiming at it.

After this was fixed, it was discovered the Z Download on the GS wasnt working properly at all, giving the impression that you are never taking pictures of the ghost, unfortunately this is a drawback of the hardware renderer, so software mode has to be used to return the correct image to hit the ghosts.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]