Fatal Frame camera issue
(06-30-2012, 03:56 PM)pseudonym Wrote: Note that when you're playing in hardware mode currently and it seems to "work", you're actually cheating and can photograph subjects through walls or other objects.

Really? That sucks Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

(06-30-2012, 03:56 PM)pseudonym Wrote: Note that when you're playing in hardware mode currently and it seems to "work", you're actually cheating and can photograph subjects through walls or other objects.

If I'm able to get a bead on them. I guess I'll wait till the issue is solved for hardware mode before giving the series a try. I was ready to pump through all fours games now that the Wii remake of Fatal Frame II came out, but I guess I'll play more functional games for the time being. Tongue

Keep up the good work on the emulator, though! I'm sure many more games work in PCSX2 than those that have hiccups like Fatal Frame. :3
Did this become worse? It's unplayable in Hardware Mode DX9 and 10/11 because you can't reveal hidden doors an stuff with you camera. However Software Mode runs smooth so not that big problem for me.
Core i7 [email protected]
Kingston 16GB
MSI Geforce GTX 770
Windows 10 Pro x64
Work quite OK in HW-mode with the latest alpha (r5530).
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Don't skip the intro until the TECMO logo has been displayed and the intro-film has started playing, and the camera should be working.
At least the first ghost might be invisible, though.
Sorry didn't mentioned the build but I always use the latest.

I tried your solution but it didn't work either. The problem is the camera in Fatal Frame 1 never gets this blue circle while focusing on anything. So I took like 20 pictures of the dressing screen in the first chapter until I realised there is something wrong and tried software mode.

(06-30-2012, 02:04 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah they all have the same issue, although I think in 1 it's at its worse. I can easily play 2 and 3 with DX9 HW mode (except for hidden ghosts which absolutely need SW mode)

Guess it's the same problem as with these hidden ghosts.

Edit: Tried again now everything works? Strange...

Edit2: I think I finally found the solution. It doesn't work if I use fast boot. Well anyways thanks for the help!
Core i7 [email protected]
Kingston 16GB
MSI Geforce GTX 770
Windows 10 Pro x64
hi all. recently i faced this "no blue circle" problem and as i can see software mode is still the only solution. ok. so my question is how to maximize fps for fatal frame in software mode? i noticed that my fps during game is almost the same in HW and SW mode (~60). but when battle with ghost starts my fps becomes dramatically low (~5-10) in SW mode. please help me optimize performance
i5 9400F / 32Gb DDR4 / 2060super
SCPH-77004