Poll: Do You Want an Auto Update Feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
33.33%
5 33.33%
No
66.67%
10 66.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Feature Request] Automatic Updates
(05-09-2012, 11:07 PM)kevdl95 Wrote: strange... the last time i updated i just tried to overwrite everything and it ended up copying 2 blank mem card files over erasing my good ones so i lost all my save data...

By everything I mean pcsx2.exe and the plugins folder.It's not strange that you loose your cards if you overwrite EVERYTHING,after all,blank cards exist in pcsx2

I'm using pcsx2 since 0.9.2 days and I've never loose anything when I update

And about the coding part...I don't think it would be hard but personally I would still prefer manual update because sometimes there are updates that I don't like or I would like to update only certain plugin,not everything.

Currently I'm still using pcsx2-r5128 because I don't want to loose my save states yet.

Sponsored links

(05-09-2012, 11:29 PM)vsub Wrote: ...
It's not strange that you loose your cards if you overwrite EVERYTHING,after all,blank cards exist in pcsx2

Actually, they don't. Even the memcards folder doesn't exist, or the inis folder or ini files. They're all created automatically if they don't exist when running PCSX2.
Hmm yes,I don't know why I remember it that way
While I'm against automatic updates, automated NOTIFICATION of new stable builds might be a good idea.
(05-10-2012, 06:21 AM)Ambient_Malice Wrote: While I'm against automatic updates, automated NOTIFICATION of new stable builds might be a good idea.

I agreed with his idea..

Seriously, I hate background processes that downloads something without your permission Angry
(05-10-2012, 08:57 AM)kohaku2421 Wrote: I agreed with his idea..

Seriously, I hate background processes that downloads something without your permission Angry

*Glares at the Steam Client*
(05-10-2012, 12:22 PM)Ambient_Malice Wrote: *Glares at the Steam Client*

haha Biggrin

well, that's forgiven Laugh
(05-09-2012, 10:22 PM)kevdl95 Wrote: also if this kind of thing is so useless then why does lots of software have this feature? (google chrome, opera, mixcraft, ect)

These are internet browsers which need to be updated regularly just for protection against new exploits.
Also web browsers are much bigger and broader projects than an emulator Wink
(05-10-2012, 03:29 PM)rama Wrote: These are internet browsers which need to be updated regularly just for protection against new exploits.
Also web browsers are much bigger and broader projects than an emulator Wink

I can't even think what benefits will coming into fruition from hijacking and exploiting PCSX2 Laugh
(05-10-2012, 03:52 PM)kohaku2421 Wrote: I can't even think what benefits will coming into fruition from hijacking and exploiting PCSX2 Laugh

Maybe they could turn your PC in to a PS2 perminantly preventing it from ever running windows again Ohmy
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]