Feature suggestion: Separate Sensitivity and Deadzone for Each Stick
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, as I'm new here.

I've been testing out the latest nightly build and have a suggestion for a new feature:
Separate Sensitivity and Deadzone settings for both the left and right stick

My reason for wanting this feature is as follow:
For racing games, adjusting the left analogue stick separate from the right would allow users to adjust steering sensitivity in games that do not allow it natively. The sensitivity of the steering in many PS2 racing games is very high and doesn't behave quite the same with some modern controllers. However, lowering the sensitivity for both sticks at once then means the throttle and braking, when assigned to the right analogue stick, is limited. You can not fully accelerate and brake fully if you reduce the sensitivity below 100%. This means you either have twitchy steering or can't accelerate or brake properly. Separating the left and right sticks sensitivity and deadzone settings would let you adjust steering sensitivity separate from throttle and braking... Similarly, this would mean aiming and moving controls in other games could be adjusted separately too.

Sponsored links

Isn't it already the case ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-12-2022, 10:39 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Isn't it already the case ?

Nope. It only has a universal settings for sensitivity and deadzone that applies to both sticks

Ah, in Qt, maybe. Tried wx ?
(07-12-2022, 03:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Ah, in Qt, maybe. Tried wx ?

From my experience, it doesn't have any sensitivity or deadzone setting at all
Can't test rn. Wil give it a go within n a week