Final Fantasy 10 crashes
I can't belive, it's well over second page and nobody asked basic questions;P

- What's your EE/GS% at the top of the window?
If any is reaching 100% it's a cpu slowdown, in case of your monster cpu it could happen only with some heavy messup on your system(unlikely) or using interpreter/heavy frame skip(very likely if answer to below question is positive edit: through with frameskip % would probably be low with lag existing, but personally I never ever use this option as it's killing gameplay experience much more than eventual lag from weaker hardware, soo I'm not sure;P).

- You used installation version for both old pcsx2 and new?
If you did, the new version possibly tries to use old config which can mean non default settings at start, potentially you could have it slow couse using interpreter instead of recompiler in emulation settings or you're using frameskip which sometimes can make the game looks like lagging if not breaking graphics completely. You could start by restoring defaults, clearing all settings or adding "portable.ini"(empty file with such name forces pcsx2 to create/use settings in it's own subfolder) to your pcsx2 folder and configuring plugins anew.

Sponsored links

EE% is sticking around 21% and GS is 1-3%

I highly doubt its a hardware problem I know quite a bit about computers and keep it clean and running well I think its a plugin problem I'm trying to fix it right now
It's running at max fps but very choppy/laggy, and no speedhacks(especially sliders) turned on? Then make sure you have frameskip turned OFF as that's how frameskip looks most of the time(and you surely don't need it).
But if you don't have full fps and it's just lagging then it's most likely some kind of problem with your GPU, it's drivers or whatever. It surely isn't running in software or GS thread wouldn't be soo low and your cpu would be enough for software anyway;P, but generally your system seems fine when it was working with older version soo make sure you try portable version just to eliminate possibility of old config interfering. You can get portable version by downloading from here(binary one) or by simply adding an empty file called portable.ini inside pcsx2 folder.