Final Fantasy 12 Cutscenes
Hi everyone...

I've been trying to run FFXII on the 0.9.6 for the past few days, trying different things from these forums. In-game fights and whatnot go fairly well. I get about 45-50 FPS which isn't bad, considering i only have an Intel Pentium Dual CPU 2.2 ghz.

Cutscenes, however, drop to 10 FPS. Not even the 3d ones. Just the regular in game ones, if that makes sense. I can skip them, and look 'em up online later, but that's kind of a pain.

I run 32 bit Vista, have 3 gb or ram, and a an 8500 GTS nvidia card. I'm using the Linuz ISO thing, SPU2-x for sound, and the default plugin for graphcs. I have it set on Direct 3D 10 hardware.

Everything is checked under speedhacks, and I'm on 1,5 cycle rate. I am n no clamp mode, and everything else in the advanced menu is set for speed.

What's wrong with my cutscenes? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

the fmvs need a very powerful cpu and afaik don't profit really from the use of speed hacks. nothing you can do about that, i guess, even with my core2duo @ 3.0ghz they are not running full speed.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I had the same problem, read here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7106.html

this is my advice on settings for GSdx, I made these at the time my GPU was an 8400gs.