Final Fantasy 12 PAL version help!
Hi all, this is my first time posting so please be gentle!

I've got the PAL version of Final Fantasy 12. The game runs pretty much fine (though there are some weird graphics artifacts such as certain bits of geometry not loading, but overall nothing major).

BUT....

Running the game in anything other than native destroys the FMV. Basically, it looks "exploded", as if there's large gaps between each pixel of the video.

Here's a picture to clarify what I mean (from the opening FMV): http://www.flickr.com/photos/59141686@N0.../lightbox/

I'm running the latest version of PCSX2, with GSDX 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.16.

As I said it runs fine in native PS2 resolution, but then what's the point in emulating it on PC if I can't benefit for the increased resolution?

It's not a problem with the ISO, I've made an image of game disc several times and get the same problem each time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance Biggrin

Sponsored links

since it works in native, have you tried switching to software mode (f9) for the FMV and switching back afterwards?
I have...

I've actually just discovered that the latest version of PCSX2 as linked on the front page of the site wasn't actually the latest version! Since updated and it's all working fine :-)
it's latest STABLE version what are you using is an SVN ALPHA but it's nearly as stable

(07-08-2012, 02:07 AM)avih Wrote: SVN builds right now (2012-07) are quite stable, and _probably_ better than the 0.98 release. That may and will change in the future, however.
I believe you can also set it to 1030x1030 so something weird like that, and it will render properly
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*