Final Fantasy X
Using the speed hack I got a constant speed of 60 fps and everything looked cool but now that I reached Thunder Plains the game just keeps crashing in a specific fight. I read other people had a similar problem too but I couldn't find a solution. I tried turning off the speed hacks, switched between GSdx and ZeroGS, even ran older versions of pcsx2, but to no avail. Every time a fight starts and a golden element appears, the game crashes. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sponsored links

very difficult to tell without further info. any graphical or sound glitches before crashing? does the console window show any error messages? does the game just hang up, freeze or crash completely? tried other sound and cdvd plugins? remade the iso with a different program or even ran it directly from disc? are you able to leave the plains and do some fights elsewhere and is the bug still there after returning to the plains?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
There is no error message in the console window - I just get one of those windows thingies "The program has performed and illegal operation and needs to close... Send or Don't send". When I leave I can do other fights but the bug is still there when I return. I have tried with different cdvd and sound plugins so I guess I'll try remaking the iso with a different program.
Is it a random fight or a storyline fight? just curious

you could try different PCSX2 versions to try to pass that part
The problem remained even when using different versions of PCSX2. The fight is random - whenever there is a gold element in the battle it crashes during its appearance and there is a gold element in every second battle in this area.
However, after at least 14-15 tries, I managed to get past this area as quickly as possible, without doing anything there, and I didn't trigger a fight with an element, so I guess problem solved for now, but if I have to return there again later in the game it would suck big time.
Will The Final Fantasy X Work On My PC With These Settings.

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7200 @2.53GHz 2.53 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 1.00 GB
Visual Memory: ATI Radeon HD3450 / 256 MB Graphics Card
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Sound Device: High Definition Audio Device
It will work for sure, and since your machine is similar to mine I guess with the same settings you will be able to get 45-60 fps most of the time, too.
OK, new question, this time gameplay related. How on earth do you beat Dark Ifrit? He always uses his meteor strike for 25 000 - 30 000 dmg, which for some reason can't be nullified by NulBlaze and absorbed by the Fire Eater Ability, and quite often gets two turns in a row even when i'm with hastega... Its defense is also quite high since Tidus deals only about 10 000 dmg to him while he normally does about 40 000 - 50 000.. Can someone who has beaten this boss suggest some good strategy, cause I really wanna beat all the optional bosses before beating Sin..
I dont have FFX international but cant you just use yuna to summon an aeon to get the hit for you or have someone casting auto-life? I dont get why the fire-eater wouldnt work however.

This is not related to PCSX2 anyway Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
there some videos on youtube to defeat all dark summons.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5