Final Fantasy X-2
Has anyone had this running consistantly full speed? If so, what's your rig and pcsx2 config?
I can get it running full speed everywhere except battles and fmvs, and since you spend most of the time in battles - I really want those running at full opposed to 75-80% Sad

Also, anyone know if you can get the fmv's working full speed too? about 30fps for me D:

Sponsored links

For the FMV it's recommended to skip those and watch them on youtube, since it's a wellknown fact that hardly no-one will get them to run at a stable 60 fps or with artefacts or flickering besides there are only 11 FMVs in the game. And besides 75 to 80% of speed isn't that bad at all, with my hardware I've got slowdowns when I'm on the ship on the bridge level and sometimes in battle, but that's fine with me.

And for your 2nd questions about the FMV, try running the game in software, u will have 2 black bars, but that will increase the fps on the FMV, but like I said above this it is recommended to search the forum for a FMV Skip and just watch it on youtube.
(08-15-2010, 11:09 PM)Meth Wrote: Has anyone had this running consistantly full speed? If so, what's your rig and pcsx2 config?
I can get it running full speed everywhere except battles and fmvs, and since you spend most of the time in battles - I really want those running at full opposed to 75-80% Sad

Also, anyone know if you can get the fmv's working full speed too? about 30fps for me D:

It would be helpful if you posted your computer specs.
ATI Radeon 5800 1gb
i7 920 2.67ghz
12gb Ram

No Speed hacks, directx 10/11 software
Gsdx 3068 SSSE3

Full FPS minus on some special attack effects, FMVs 100%
(08-16-2010, 01:45 AM)Ironsheik Wrote: ATI Radeon 5800 1gb
i7 920 2.67ghz
12gb Ram

No Speed hacks, directx 10/11 software
Gsdx 3068 SSSE3

Full FPS minus on some special attack effects, FMVs 100%

You can overclock your i7 920 and it should increase the performance a bit.
Afaik that issue on FFX-2 cutscenes in hardware mode was not solved yet. To double the software mode FPS it's needed more than an overclock I fear. But I may be wrong, albeit having played it for a little while and long ago from a friend's disc I don't have the game myself and don't know about it's status today.
Imagination is where we are truly real
thats the thing i hate about FFX-2 so i didnt play it at all.. cause of the FMV Smile
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz
4gb ram
4890 Vapor-X 1gb

I've pretty much got the game running smoothly now with limited slowdown on some skill animations; had to crank the EE Cyclerate speedhack up to max, VU stealing on Moderate, INTC Spin checked, Wait Loop checked, mVU Flag checked, mVU Block checked - so far no ill effects. Working on getting FMV speed watchable now Wink Most I can get at the minute is 30fps (PAL version, 100% = 50fps)

Also, a side question that's slightly related... I'm having to use a fairly old gsdx build because all the newer ones don't seem to have any dx10 settings for me - did they drop dx10 support and stick with 9 or something?
Meth: I think the mVU block hack slows FFX down. It's odd in this game Tongue2

To get DX10/DX11 support back, you need to install Service Pack 2 for your Vista.
(08-16-2010, 09:37 AM)rama Wrote: Meth: I think the mVU block hack slows FFX down. It's odd in this game Tongue2

To get DX10/DX11 support back, you need to install Service Pack 2 for your Vista.

I'll do some testing with the mVU Block hack then, cheers for the heads up on it.
As for installing SP2; Just finished installing SP2 - still no DX10 options for GSdx. I've got 3 builds of it in my folder - r3623, r3068, and 872m -- 872m is the only one that allows me to use DX10, but it doesn't let me change to software mode for the FMVs so I'm having to use the newer releases but in DX9 -- Any ideas on why :?