Final Fantasy X-2: Choppy Anim/Sound
So I read through some stickies and posts and I still can't find the problems I'm experiencing.

First when I start X-2, the menu is fine and all but its when I click "New Game"
that it starts to act up. The screen has a bunch of black on it, black lines and what not. The animation also seems to be a tad laggy since it feels very choppy. This is also true with the sound.

This is my first time using an emulator and my first time using an advanced computer program so I really have no idea what's going on.

My FPS is apparently 50% at 25.77 ish. I don't know if thats good or bad...

Sponsored links

The animations (assuming you mean the cutscenes) in that game is an issue yet indeed (at least for the last news I know about), not an issue on your side.
But the game itself should run fine. The sound issue may be related to speed hacks, please post your machine specs and PCSX2 complete plugin configuration (screenshots favored).
Imagination is where we are truly real
Um I'm not too sure where I can find my computer specs. I just know that its an ASUS Laptop running Windows 7. Also, I followed the instructions on the Guide for the PCSX2 settings.

[Image: OverallConfigSettings.jpg]

[Image: Controller.jpg]

[Image: Cpu.jpg]

[Image: Graphics.jpg]

[Image: Sound.jpg]

[Image: SpeedHacks.jpg]

I don't know if these are the ones that you want.
Also, during the gameplay, my FPS jumps around 70% - 100%
Get the latest beta. You fps is most likely due to the fact that you laptop is not fast enough. The latest beta might help with this. If it doesnt try using one speedhack at a time until you get to the sweetspot.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Wait what do you mean by beta? As in beta version of PCSX2?
Yes, you can get it here.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
yes, still it's the recommended version and it's supported at the forum. One could see it as a release candidate more than a beta.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Ok well I downloaded and installed the version you guys recommended and I can't seem to load FF-X2. It just doesn't show up at the end of the configuration setup.

EDIT: [Image: Config1.jpg]

So I clicked "Open in Browser" and made a new BIOS folder. So should I do the same with plugins?

[Image: Config2.jpg]

And after I make the folders, do I just transfer the plugins/bios from the previous version into these new folders?

Also, is there a guide to this or has it not been made yet?

I am also getting this

[Image: Fail.jpg]
You only need to copy your BIOS into the new /BIOS folder you created. Leave the old plugins where they are Wink
Um I added in only the BIOS but I'm still getting the same error message.