Final Fantasy X-2 FMV
Hello everybody. I've just recently downloaded PCSX2 v0.9.8, and I've run it with my custom ripped FFX and FFX-2 ISOs. My question is this. When running FFX, I haven't had any issues/lag/slowdowns during any videos, battles, etc. When I run FFX-2, it tends to lag/skip slightly during battles, but cutscenes, and FMVs lag below their normal speed. The FPS shown is around 45-47 fps (attachment), but the graphics themselves are spectacular. The ISO is the NTSC Version. My system specs are:

Acer Aspire Laptop 5750
Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics Family (Came with the laptop, not like I can change it or afford a new one)

My Plugin Settings are attached as SS, along with the picture that shows what I see and a sample of the graphics when the cutscene rolls, especially the opening cutscene.

I have Automatic Gamefixes, Enable Cheats, and Enable Host Filesystem checked on the System Menu. How can I get better speed for it? I have also explored the other threads and found nothing that has been of help yet. Any assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

FFX-2's fmv's require more processing power because they have an internal deinterlacing method specific to the games video player (partly why the fmv's in this game have a larger horizontal vs vertical resolution)

you should be getting a bit more fps than you are in battle though, so it might be the Performance/Power profile or processors thermal protection throttling the clock rates.